Ridgeland Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|Established||January 29, 1879|
|• Total||27 sq mi (70 km2)|
|• Land||26.99 sq mi (69.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.04%|
|Elevation||666 ft (203 m)|
|• Density||13.7/sq mi (5.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60955, 60968|
|GNIS feature ID||0429639|
Ridgeland Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 369 and it contained 173 housing units. Ridgeland Township was formed from Onarga Township on January 29, 1879; the original name was Ridge Township, but the name was changed to Ridgeland Township on an unknown date.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 27 square miles (70 km2), of which 26.99 square miles (69.9 km2) (or 99.96%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.04%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Ridgeville at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Thawville Cemetery.
- Iroquois West Community Unit School District 10
- Paxton-Buckley-Loda Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Ridgeland Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Brenton Township, Ford County||Onarga Township|
|Lyman Township, Ford County||Artesia Township|