|Type||Subsidiary of Emerson Electric|
North Ridgeville, Ohio, U.S.
The Ridge Tool Company is an American manufacturing company that makes and distributes hand tools under the Ridgid brand name. The company was founded in 1923 in North Ridgeville, Ohio. In 1943, it relocated to its current location in Elyria, Ohio, and in 1966, it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson Electric.
Ridgid tools are targeted at the plumbing, pipe fitting, construction, and HVAC trades. The brand is best known for its distinctive red pipe wrenches, but the company manufactures over 300 different types of tools. The company also sells power tools, largely made by TTI, and wet/dry vacs, made by parent company Emerson.
Ridgid produced a pinup calendar from 1935 until 2016. Early renditions featured the work of American pin-up artist George Petty. Models having appeared on the calendar include Raquel Welch and Brooke Burke.
- Snyder, Kate (2011-08-28). "Made in Ohio: Tool maker's products seemingly everywhere". The News-Herald. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- Allyn, Scot (2010-06-06). "Ridge Tool goes global, enters new markets offering technology-based tools". The Morning Journal. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Ridge Tool Company". Alloy Artifacts. Retrieved 2014-02-19.[dead link]
- Baylor, Chris. "Ridgid Tools". About.com. Retrieved 2014-02-19.[dead link]
- "Ridgid Calendar". Retrieved 5 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to RIDGID.|