Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up riding in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Riding is a homonym of two distinct English words:
From the word ride:
- Equestrianism, riding a horse
- Riding animal, an animal bred or trained for riding
- Riding hall, a building designed for indoor horse riding
- Ridin', a song by Chamillionaire
From Old English *þriðing:
- Riding (country subdivision), an administrative division of a county, or similar district
- Electoral district (Canada), a Canadian term for an electoral district
- Riding association, Canadian political party organization at the riding level
- Riding officer, a name once used for customs officials who patrolled for smugglers on beaches and other informal landing spots
- Common Riding, an event celebrated in some Scottish towns to commemorate the guarding the boundaries of the town's common land by local men
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Riding.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.