|Governor of West Java|
17 September 2018
|Deputy||Uu Ruzhanul Ulum|
|26th Mayor of Bandung|
Assumed office |
16 September 2013
|Deputy||Oded Muhammad Danial|
|Preceded by||Dada Rosada|
Mochamad Ridwan Kamil|
4 October 1971
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Bandung Institute of Technology|
University of California, Berkeley
Mochamad Ridwan Kamil (born 4 October 1971) is an Indonesian architect and politician who is the governor-elect of West Java, the most populous province of Indonesia. He is also the incumbent Mayor of Bandung. He was elected as mayor of Bandung on 23 June 2013. He is also an architect and lecturer in the Department of Architecture, Bandung Institute of Technology. Kamil founded architect firm Urbane Indonesia in 2004 with three partners. In 2018 he successfully ran for governor, instead of seeking a second mayoral term.
In 2006, Emil was the Indonesian winner of the British Council's Young Creative Entrepreneur award, representing Indonesia in the International Young Design Entrepreneur of the Year award.
Emil was the pioneer of the Indonesia Berkebun movement to build amateur gardens in the cities of Indonesia. As of 2011[update] the community project is established in fourteen cities in Indonesia, with membership approaching 4000.
Emil and Urbane Indonesia projects in Indonesia include
- United Tractors office tower in Jakarta,
- Al-Irsyad Mosque and Al-Irsyad Satya Islamic School in Bandung,
- Aceh Tsunami Museum in Banda Aceh,
- Tarumanegara University Tower I and campus revision, and
- Rasuna Epicentrum
International projects include
- Marina Bay Waterfront Master Plan in Singapore,
- Beijing Islamic Centre Mosque,
- Ras Al Kaimah Waterfront Master Plan,
- Suzhou Retail Waterfront Masterplan in China,
- Tech Park Kunming, and
- Grand Tourism Community Club House in Calcutta
In popular culture
Ridwan Kamil made some cameo appearances in several TV and movie productions, particularly the ones that are set in Bandung, including the TV series Preman Pensiun and a 2015 movie The Wedding & Bebek Betutu.
- Taslimson Foundation
- "Ridwan Kamil | People | Creative and Cultural Economy | British Council". Creativeconomy.britishcouncil.org. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Construction: Information, Sales Leads, Projects, Market Data | Welcome to BCI Asia". Bciasia.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Whiteboard Journal • Indonesia | Jakarta Berkebun". Whiteboardjournal.com. Archived from the original on 1 January 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Urban Farming with Indonesia Berkebun | The Beat Magazine". Beatmag.com. 2 October 2011. Archived from the original on 3 January 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Internet Wujudkan Mimpi Indonesia Berkebun - KOMPAS tekno". Tekno.kompas.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- pt. kompas cyber media. "Wisata Sambil Berkebun - KOMPAS.com". Travel.kompas.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Al-Irsyad Mosque / Urbane". ArchDaily. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "M. Ridwan Kamil: Creativity at heart of success". The Jakarta Post. 2008-12-19. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- SONY - Powered By Narrada Communications - www.narrada.com - 2011. "Sony Vaio - You Against The Machine! Endorser". Myvaio.sony.co.id. Archived from the original on 18 April 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "detikNews : Ridwan Kamil, Ajak Masyarakat Kota Berkebun". News.detik.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Nampang di Sinetron 'Preman Pensiun', Ridwan Kamil Promosikan Kota Bandung". Detik (in Indonesian). 21 February 2015. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Ridwan Kamil Nongol di Film The Wedding & Bebek Betutu". Tempo (in Indonesian). 8 October 2015. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- Official website
- Urbane Indonesia
- Indonesia Berkebun
- Ridwan Kamil, TEDx Jakarta (blog)