November 28, 1962 |
San Antonio, Texas, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Bridget Hoffman (2001-present) source: |
Rif Hutton (born November 28, 1962) is an American actor. He is perhaps best known for his recurring role as Dr. John Welch in the comedy-drama series Doogie Howser, M.D., appearing in that series from 1990 up to its conclusion in 1993. From 1997 to 2001, he appeared in a recurring role as Lt. Cmdr. Alan Mattoni on the series JAG. Hutton is also notable for playing Russ Beeler, a fictional owner of a KFC establishment, appearing in a number of KFC commercials in the early to mid 1990s.
Life and career
Hutton was born in San Antonio, Texas, and was raised in East Orange, New Jersey. He moved to Los Angeles in the mid-1970s to pursue an acting career. He went to many auditions in his early years, but soon found himself broke and homeless, getting assistance from friends.
Hutton went on to guest star in a number of notable television series including The Jeffersons, Night Court, L.A. Law, Married... with Children, Hunter, Wings, Murphy Brown, The Larry Sanders Show, Getting By, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Family Matters, and Cold Case among others.
Hutton also appeared in stage productions in the Los Angeles area as well as working as a voice actor.
- Rif Hutton Biography, Film Reference
- "Rif Hutton". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved September 2, 2016. Check mark indicates role has been confirmed using screenshots of closing credits and other reliable sources.
- Stuart Elliott (1992-05-19). "THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING; KFC's Very Real Problems May Be Solved in Lake Edna - New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- LIBBY SLATE (1993-01-23). "Actor Rif Hutton Has Fun Growing With 'Doogie Howser, M.D.' - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- "Family Matters: 1989-1998 - Family Matters, Where Are They Now?, Darius McCrary, Jaleel White, Jomarie Payton, Reginald VelJohnson, Telma Hopkins". People. 2000-06-26. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- "The Telma Hopkins Picture Pages". Superiorpics.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.