|Directed by||Woody Allen|
|Written by||Woody Allen|
|Edited by||Alisa Lepselter|
Rifkin's Festival is an upcoming American-Spanish-Italian comedy film, written and directed by Woody Allen. It stars Elena Anaya, Louis Garrel, Gina Gershon, Sergi López, Wallace Shawn and Christoph Waltz.
It is scheduled to be released in Spain on September 25, 2020, by Tripictures.
A short plot summary appeared in The Guardian on September 4, 2019, stating: "The movie, Rifkin’s Festival, is about a couple who fall in love while in town for the San Sebastián film festival, drawing on the annual event as the backdrop to a romantic comedy."
- Gina Gershon
- Wallace Shawn
- Christoph Waltz
- Elena Anaya
- Louis Garrel
- Sergi López
- Damian Chapa
- Bobby Slayton as Ogden
- Douglas McGrath
- Ken Appledorn
- Nicolás Montoya
- Rick Zingale
- Manu Fullola
- Elena Sanz
- Yan Tual
- Luz Cipriota
- Natalia Dicenta
- Karina Kolokolchykova
- Iñigo Etxebeste
- John Sehil
- Georgina Amorós
In February 2019, Amazon Studios dropped Allen from a five-picture deal to produce and finance films, following the revival of a sexual assault allegation. That same month, it was announced Allen would write and direct the film, with Jaume Roures producing under his Mediapro banner. In June 2019, Gina Gershon, Christoph Waltz, Elena Anaya, Louis Garrel, Sergi López and Wallace Shawn joined the cast of the film.
- Agirre-Maskariano, Mikel (September 4, 2019). "The last thing my city needs is Woody Allen selling us to the world". The Guardian. London, England: Guardian Media Group.
- Gardner, Eriq (February 7, 2019). "Woody Allen Sues Amazon for Terminating Movie Deal". The Hollywood Reporter. Los Angeles, California: Eldridge Industries. Retrieved July 9, 2019.
- Maddus, Gene (February 7, 2019). "Woody Allen Files $68 Million Suit Against Amazon for Film Deal Breach". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved July 9, 2019.
- Galuppo, Mia (June 4, 2019). "Woody Allen Sets New Feature With Christoph Waltz, Gina Gershon". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 9, 2019.
- Buckley, Cara (June 4, 2019). "Christoph Waltz Is Among the Stars Set for Woody Allen's New Film". The New York Times. Retrieved July 9, 2019.
- Lang, Jaime; Hopewell, John (July 9, 2019). "Woody Allen's Next Film After 'A Rainy Day in New York' to Be Sold by FilmNation, Mediapro". Variety. Retrieved July 9, 2019.
- Grater, Tom (April 22, 2020). "Woody Allen's 'Rifkin's Festival' Secures Spain Distribution". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 22, 2020.
- Aldarondo, Ricardo (May 1, 2020). "Aunque Woody Allen no pueda venir, el Festival aspira a tener la premiere de su película en San Sebastián»". El Diario Vasco. Retrieved May 1, 2020.