|Founded||Bozeman, Montana (1997)|
|Greg Gianforte, founder|
|Products||Customer relationship management software|
|Revenue||US$185.5 million (2010)|
Number of employees
Oracle RightNow is american customer relationship management (CRM) software for enterprise organizations. Before being sold to Oracle, it was incorporated as RightNow Technologies, Inc. in Delaware and headquartered in Bozeman, Montana.
The company was founded in 1997 by Greg Gianforte in Bozeman, Montana. Additional offices were opened in California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Texas, Illinois, Washington, DC, Colorado, Canada, Europe, Australia and Asia. The company employed over 1000 people in 2011. RightNow' business model was software as a service using cloud computing.
Greg Gianforte started the company in 1997 without external capital and created a software product that was initially focused on customer service with an integrated knowledge base. As the company grew, it added marketing and sales functionality, voice automation, customer feedback management, analytics and a social platform to its product, creating a full customer experience suite.
In 2009, RightNow Technologies acquired social networking company HiveLive.
In 2011, the company acquired Q-go for $34 million. Q-go was founded in 1999. It specialized in semantic search service, based on natural language processing technology, providing relevant answers to queries on a company’s Internet website or corporate intranet, formulated in natural sentences or keyword input alike. It integrated automatic statistical reporting of user query behavior for businesses that want to monitor what kinds of questions their customers are asking so they can adjust content to provide the appropriate information for customers and to reduce the load on traditional customer service ports of call, such as call centers and answers by email. The technology has been implemented and deployed in a range of industries, including banking, insurance, pension, telecommunications and logistics, as well as several government agencies.
The main product offered by RightNow Technologies was RightNow CX, a customer experience suite. RightNow CX was divided into RightNow Web Experience, RightNow Social Experience, RightNow Contact Center Experience, and RightNow Engage.
- "RightNow grows to more than 1,000 employees". Bozeman Daily Chronicle. February 3, 2011. Retrieved October 25, 2016.
- Dignan, Larry (8 September 2009). "RightNow acquires social networking company HiveLive". zdnet.com. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- The Wall Street Journal. "RightNow To Acquire Q-Go For $34M, Boosts 4Q View." January 18, 2011.Archived January 25, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. from the original January 25, 2011.
- "Oracle Buys RightNow for $1.5 Billion to Add Cloud Services". October 24, 2011.
- RightNow Business Statistics
- CRM Buyer's interview with RightNow CEO
- Start with Nothing - Inc.com article