Right Here, Right Now (Jesus Jones song)
|"Right Here, Right Now"|
|Single by Jesus Jones|
|from the album Doubt|
|Released||11 September 1990|
|Format||vinyl record (7"/12"), cassette, CD|
|Genre||Alternative rock, alternative dance|
|Label||Food, EMI (UK)
SBK Records (US)
|Jesus Jones singles chronology|
"Right Here, Right Now" is a song by British alternative dance band Jesus Jones from the album, Doubt. It was released as the album's second single in September 1990 (approximately four months before the release of Doubt), and peaked at number 31 on the UK Singles Chart. In the United States, it was a number one song on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart and reached number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in July 1991, only behind "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)" by Bryan Adams.
The song was inspired by events in Europe of the late 1980s, particularly Perestroika in Russia; Mike Edwards has since noted some of the lyrics were influenced by the band's experiences playing in Romania in February 1990 right after the overthrow of Ceaucescu.
- Produced by Jesus Jones
- Recorded at Matrix Studios and Ezee Studios in London.
- Engineer Darren Allison.
|United Kingdom||11 September 1990|
|Worldwide||2 July 1991|
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)||18|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||84|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||61|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||29|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||14|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||31|
|US Billboard Hot 100||2|
|US Billboard Alternative Songs||1|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs||29|
|US Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||7|
|US Billboard Hot 100||17|
In popular culture
- "Right Here, Right Now" was used in commercials for TechTV.
- This song was used by Joe Clark in his successful campaign for the leadership of the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada in 1998, and by candidate Gerard Kennedy at the 2006 Liberal Party leadership convention in Canada.
- A cover version was recorded by Alvin and the Chipmunks for their 2007 video game of the same name.
- The single is featured as a playable song in the video game, Donkey Konga.
- A cover version was recorded by Neal Gardner and released as a single in 2012.
- Jesus Jones Official Site
- Billboard.com - Artist Chart History - Jesus Jones - Singles
- Jesus Jones Archive
- Sydney Morning Herald
- "Australian-charts.com – Jesus Jones – Right Here, Right Now". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Musicline.de – Jesus Jones Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Jesus Jones – Right Here, Right Now" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Charts.org.nz – Jesus Jones – Right Here, Right Now". Top 40 Singles.
- "Swisscharts.com – Jesus Jones – Right Here, Right Now". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1991". Retrieved 2009-09-15.
|This 1990s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|