Right Wing of the Republic
|Founded||20 April 2007|
|Headquarters||ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 13, Warsaw|
|National affiliation||Parliamentary club |
Law and Justice (2015)
|International affiliation||European Christian Political Movement|
|European Parliament group||European Conservatives and Reformists Group|
1 / 460
0 / 100
1 / 51
5 / 555
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The Right Wing of the Republic (Polish: Prawica Rzeczypospolitej) is a political party in Poland founded by former Marshal of the Sejm Marek Jurek on 20 April 2007 after he had left Law and Justice on 16 April 2007, when the Sejm failed to pass a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion. The party positions itself as a Christian conservative party with a strong focus on family rights and a pro-life stance. It is allied with the ruling party of Poland, Law and Justice (PiS).
The program of the Right Wing of the Republic includes:
- Constitutional protection for prenatal life.
- Prohibiting prostitution and pornography.
- Public combat against cultural Marxism and gender ideology.
- Restoration of capital punishment for homicide and rape.
- Tax concessions for families and expanded pro-family policy.
- Privatization of some state-owned companies (excluding strategic energy and mining industries).
- Longer maternity leave.
- Reinforcement public health care.
- Opposition to joining euro zone.
- Reduced government spending.
- Labor law liberalization.
- Holidays on Sunday and other religious festivities.
Former Sejm members
Former Senat members
European Parliament members
|Election year||# of
overall seats won
0 / 460
|2015||5,711,687||37.6 (#1) with Law and Justice||
235 / 460*
*Only 217 of those were actually from the party. 9 of the elected were members of Solidarity for Poland, 8 were members of Poland Together and Jan Klawiter was a member of Right Wing of the Republic. Under an agreement between the two parties he is an independent in the Sejm (not affiliated to any parliamentary faction).
- Prawapolityka.pl Energetyka, samorządy, demografia – WYWIAD z dr Janem Klawiterem http://prawapolityka.pl/2015/11/energetyka-samorzady-demografia-wywiad-z-dr-janem-klawiterem/
|This article about a Polish political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|