Rights and Freedom
Rights and Freedom (Diritti e Libertà, DL) was an Italian political party. It was founded on 22 November 2012 by a splinter group from Italy of Values (IdV). The party's spokesperson was Massimo Donadi, IdV floor leader in the Chamber of Deputies from 2006 to 2012.
The party took inspiration from the late Action Party (Pd'A) and, following its foundation, aimed at being part of the centre-left coalition Italy. Common Good. DL was consequently a founding member of Democratic Centre (CD), the centrist component of Italy. Common Good in December 2012. DL also had close ties with the editorial committee of Reformist Moderates, a liberal and social-democratic movement-newspaper directed by Giorgio Benvenuto (a former secretary of the Italian Socialist Party) and, consequently, with the Moderates for Piedmont of Giacomo Portas (an independent deputy of the Democratic Party). The party was absorbed into CD sometime in 2013.
- Spokesperson: Massimo Donadi
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "I fuoriusciti dell'Idv fondano "Diritti e Libertà", Marylin Fusco: "La politica del fare iniziava a scricchiolare"". IVG.it. 2012-11-22. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "Donadi e Tabacci lanciano Centro democratico: siamo con Bersani - Il Messaggero". Ilmessaggero.it. 2014-06-16. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- ""Centro Democratico", la lista di Tabacci - Il Post". Ilpost.it. 2012-12-28. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "Moderati e Riformisti - Moderati e Riformisti". Moderatiriformisti.it. Retrieved 2014-07-16.