From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Rigor.
|Look up rigidity or rigid in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rigid or rigidity may refer to:
- In mathematics and physics:
- Stiffness, the property of a solid body to resist deformation, which is sometimes referred to as rigidity
- Structural rigidity, a mathematical theory of the stiffness of ensembles of rigid objects connected by hinges
- Rigidity (electromagnetism), the resistance of a charged particle to deflection by a magnetic field
- Rigidity (mathematics), a property of a collection of mathematical objects (for instance sets or functions)
- Rigid body, in physics, a simplification of the concept of an object to allow for modelling.
- Rigid transformation, in mathematics, a rigid transformation preserves distances between every pair of points.
- In medicine:
- In economics:
- Ridgid, a brand of tools
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rigidity.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.