|Comune di Rignano sull'Arno|
Coat of arms
Location of Rignano sull'Arno
Location of Rignano sull'Arno in Italy
Rignano sull'Arno (Tuscany)
|Coordinates: 43°43′25″N 11°27′03″E / 43.7237°N 11.4507°E|
|Metropolitan city||Florence (FI)|
|Frazioni||Bombone, Cellai, Le Corti, Le Valli, Pian dell'Isola, Rosano, Salceto, San Donato in Collina, San Martino, San Piero, Santa Maria, Sarnese, Torri, Troghi, Volognano|
| • Mayor||Daniele Lorenzini (PD)|
| • Total||54.14 km2 (20.90 sq mi)|
|Elevation||118 m (387 ft)|
| • Total||8,703|
| • Density||160/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
| • Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Leolinus|
|Saint day||November 12|
Rignano sull'Arno is a comune (municipality) in the Metropolitan City of Florence in the Italian region Tuscany, located about 20 kilometres (12 mi) southeast of Florence.
(rural church) of San Leonino.
- Pieve of San Lorenzo a Miransù
- Pieve di San Leonino, with a terracotta hexagonal attributed to Santi Buglioni
- Monastery of Santa Maria a Rosano, allegedly founded in 780 but known from the 11th century. The church has kept some structures from the 12th century.
- Church of San Pietro a Perticaia. It houses a wooden crucifix of the Florentine school (late 15th-early 16th century)
- Church of San Michele a Volognano, included in a castle which is now a neo-Gothic villa. The church houses several artworks, included a late 14th century Madonna with Child by Lorenzo di Bicci, an altarpiece by Mariotto Albertinelli (1514) and the Madonna of the Cintola (c. 1520), attributed to the workshop of Andrea del Sarto, to Domenico Puligo or to Rosso Fiorentino.
- ^ All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.