Rihand Thermal Power Station
Thermal Power Station
|Location||renukut,Sonebhadra,UP Sonebhadra, Uttar Pradesh|
|Thermal power station|
|Units operational||6×500 MW|
|Nameplate capacity||3000 MW|
Rihand Super Thermal Power Station has an installed capacity of 3000 MW. The First unit was commissioned in March 1988. The coal for the plant is derived from Amlori and Dudhichua mines. The water source is from Rihand Reservoir which is constructed on Son river.
|Stage||Unit Number||Installed Capacity (MW)||Date of Commissioning||Status|
|1st||1||500||1988 1 March||Running|
|3rd||5||500||2012 May ||Running|
|3rd||6||500||2013 October||Running |
NTPC Rihand is situated 75 km away from Renukoot railway station. By personal cab or public transport bus, one can reach Rihand Nagar. Local market outside NTPC township is Bijpur. If one is interested in a bit bigger market, one has to go to Waidhan which is 30 km away from Rihandnagar.
- Singrauli Super Thermal Power Station
- Badarpur Thermal power plant
- NTPC Dadri
- Feroj Gandhi Unchahar Thermal Power Plant
- Tanda Thermal Power Plant
- Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Station
- Korba Super Thermal Power Plant
- Sipat Thermal Power Plant
- NTPC Ramagundam
- Simhadri Super Thermal Power Plant
- Kahalgaon Super Thermal Power Station
- Farakka Super Thermal Power Stat Talcher Super Thermal Power Station
- Talcher Thermal Power Station
- "Rihand Thermal Power Station". National Thermal Power Corporation.
- "Unit # 5 of 500 MW of Rihand Super Thermal Power Project commissioned". National Thermal Power Corporation via Bombay Stock Exchange.