|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
1 July 2014
|Born||29 April 1965|
Svenstrup, Aalborg, Denmark
|Political party|| Danish|
Rikke Karlsson (born 29 April 1965) is a Danish politician and Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from Denmark. She is an Independent politician, but she is a member of the European Conservatives and Reformists.
former member of the Danish People's Party She is the niece of fellow Danish People's Party politician Søren Espersen. She was elected to the European Parliament (EP) in the 2014 EP election. She was a local politician in Rebild Municipality and North Denmark Region council 2009–2014 and has been a substitute to the Folketing
Elected a member of the municipal council in Rebild in 2009, she was a critic of the municipal authorises in the Rebild-affair where a man had sexually abused nine children, also after concern had been raised to the municipality. Karlsson's involvement in the affair was in the beginning controversial. The affair led to the resignation of four leaders in the municipality.
- Rikke Karlsson leaves the Danish People's Party (in Danish) (19 Oct 2015) Danmarks Radio.
- Anders Holm Nielsen (23 May 2014) Rikke Karlsson: Fra Rebild til Bruxelles (in Danish) TV2. Retrieved 6 June 2014
- Ritzau (27 May 2014) PORTRÆT: DF'eren der satte Rebild-lavinen i gang (in Danish) Jyllandsposten. Retrieved 6 June 2014
- Kender du dem? Disse tre DF'ere er på vej til Bruxelles (in Danish) Danmarks Radio.
- Martin Johansne (15 November 2012) Endnu en chef falder på Rebild-sagen (in Danish) Jyllandsposten.
- Rikke Karlsson Dansk Folkeparti. Retrieved 6 June 2014