Rikki Rockett live with Poison on July 11, 2008 at the Moondance Jam
|Birth name||Richard Allan Ream|
|Born||August 8, 1961|
|Origin||Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Genres||Glam metal, hard rock|
Devil City Angels Fallen Angels Custom
Richard Allan Ream (born August 8, 1961), better known by the stage name Rikki Rockett, is an American drummer for glam metal band Poison. The band has sold more than 45 million records worldwide and 15 million records in the United States alone.
Richard Allan Ream was born on August 8, 1961 in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, the youngest of two children of Norman and Margaret Ream. He attended Cedar Cliff High School in Camp Hill. Before founding Poison with vocalist Bret Michaels, Rockett worked as a hairdresser, lifeguard, dishwasher, emergency medical technician and a suit salesman.
In late 1993, Rockett discovered that the then guitarist Richie Kotzen of Poison was having a relationship with Deanna Eve, Rockett's fiancée at the time. Kotzen was fired due to this incident. In VH1's Behind the Music, singer Bret Michaels said he never wanted to speak to Kotzen again.
Rockett and Brian Cocivera joined forces creating custom built drum kits called the Chop Shop Custom Drum Company.
After almost 20 years with Poison, Rockett released his first solo album Glitter 4 Your Soul on January 7, 2003 which was distributed online. The album was a tribute to 1970s glam rock. He also guested on Britny Fox's Bite Down Hard.
On April 26, 2007, Rockett announced the creation of Rockett Drum Works Inc. It is a drum manufacturing company, specializing in the creation of ultra custom drum kits, snare drums and custom accessories. Prior to setting up his enterprise, Rockett worked for Chop Shop Custom Drum. He departed after conflicting opinions with Chop Shop founder Brian Cocivera. Rockett recruited most of the staff from Chop Shop along with some newer staff members.
On September 19, 2007, Bosphorus Cymbals unveiled the Rockett Ride, a custom-ride cymbal in 20" and 22" sizes, designed to Rockett's exact specifications.
In 2015 Rockett co-formed a new rock supergroup the Devil City Angels with guitarist Tracii Guns (L.A. Guns), bassist Eric Brittingham (Cinderella) and vocalist and rhythm guitarist Brandon Gibbs (Cheap Thrill). Their self-titled debut album was officially released September 11, 2015.
In October 2008 Rockett married longtime girlfriend Melanie Martel. On July 14, 2009, they had their first child, Jude Aaron Rockett. On March 2, 2013, Rikki and Melanie had their second child, a daughter named Lucy Sky. Both children are named after The Beatles' songs "Hey Jude" and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". They separated in July 2015 and their divorce became final in June 2017.
- Glitter 4 Your Soul (2003)
- Look What the Cat Dragged In (1986)
- Open Up and Say...Ahh! (1988)
- Native Tongue (1993)
- Poison's Greatest Hits: 1986-1996 (1996)
- Crack a Smile...and More! (2000)
- Power to the People (2000)
- Hollyweird (2002)
- Best of Ballads & Blues (2003)
- The Best of Poison: 20 Years of Rock (2006)
- Poison'd (June 2007)
- Live, Raw & Uncut (2008)
- Poison – Box Set (2009)
- Double Dose: Ultimate Hits (2011)
Devil City Angels
- Devil City Angels (2015)
- "Poison joins Def Leppard for summer 2009 tour!". Signatures Network Inc. February 25, 2009. Retrieved September 15, 2010.
- "Top Selling Artists". RIAA. Archived from the original on July 25, 2013.
- "Rockett Drum Works Poison drummer launches custom drum company". drummerszone.com. Archived from the original on November 21, 2007.
- "Rikki Rockett announces Rockett Drum Works". mikedolbear.com.
- bravewords.com. "DEVIL CITY ANGELS Featuring POISON, CINDERELLA, L.A. GUNS Members Hit The Studio; Photos Posted - Bravewords.com". bravewords.com. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "KNAC.COM - News - Rolling Stones' Richards Slags". knac.com. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "Tracii Guns Talks To 'Do You Know Jack?' About Devil City Angels Project (Audio) - Blabbermouth.net". blabbermouth.net. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "Devil City Angels new album". Century Media.2015
- "Poison Drummer Rikki Rockett's Divorce is Final, He Owes More if Band is Touring".
- "Street Sports Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Instructors". Street Sports Jiu Jitsu. Retrieved October 26, 2015.
- Rosenberg, Kirsten (October 15, 1999). "Something to Believe In: an interview with Rikki Rockett". The Animals' Agenda. ISSN 0892-8819. Archived from the original on September 21, 2012. Retrieved May 12, 2011.
... his vegan lifestyle (down to his non-leather shoes), ...
- Trunk, Eddie. "POISON Drummer RIKKI ROCKETT Is Battling Oral Cancer". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Poison Drummer Rikki Rockett Declared Cancer-Free After Undergoing Experimental Treatment".
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Rikki Rockett|