Rimac C Two
Rimac C_Two on display at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show
|Assembly||Sveta Nedelja, Croatia|
|Designer||Adriano Mudri (exterior)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
|Electric motor||4 liquid-cooled permanent magnet synchronous electric motors placed at each wheel|
|Battery||120 kWh Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) chemistry|
|Electric range||650 km (400 miles)|
|Wheelbase||2,745 mm (108.1 in)|
|Length||4,750 mm (187.0 in)|
|Width||1,986 mm (78.2 in)|
|Height||1,208 mm (47.6 in)|
|Curb weight||1,950 kg (4,300 lb)|
|Predecessor||Rimac Concept One|
The Rimac C Two (stylized as "C_Two") is a semi-autonomous all-electric sports car designed and manufactured by the Croatian automotive manufacturer Rimac Automobili. Unveiled at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, it is the automaker's second car after the Rimac Concept One and is described as a significant technological leap, dubbed "a car alive with technology". The exterior was designed by the Croatian-born Austrian Adriano Mudri.
Rimac plans to produce 150 vehicles and is currently in the process of homologization for the global market. The first deliveries are expected to take place in 2020. The C_Two was priced at €1,795,532. The car was sold out almost three weeks after its launch.
Features and specifications
With an alleged top speed of 415 km/h (258 mph) and 1,408 kW (1,914 PS; 1,888 hp), the car is claimed to be capable of reaching 60 mph from a standstill in 1.85 seconds, making it potentially one of the fastest accelerating cars ever made. While also advertising a maximum range of 647 km (402 mi) on the NEDC cycle, the car is also claimed to be able to complete two consecutive laps of the Nürburgring with a negligible drop in performance. Rimac claims the car was designed to be very durable and could be driven hard. In addition to this, the car is technologically capable of Level 4 of autonomous driving with full Advanced driver-assistance systems, and is unlocked using face recognition technology. If connected to a fast charger, it could be recharged to 80% in less than 30 minutes. The car features an entirely new design and does away with the conventional doors, now incorporating butterfly doors instead.
Jonathan Lopez of Top Speed magazine acclaimed the C_Two stating that "it is an absolute game changer, and not just in the EV segment. Between the onboard tech and mind-boggling performance specs, this machine has the goods to take on the best of the best."
Vlad Savov of The Verge criticized its looks by describing them as "anonymous and unexciting", and comparing them as less flamboyant to that of Lamborghini Huracan. However, he admitted that the car is "more forgiving and accommodating than most other hypercars", but stated that the readouts on the infotainment were too distracting.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rimac C Two.|
- List of electric cars currently available
- List of modern production plug-in electric vehicles
- Plug-in electric vehicle
- "C_Two – Tech Specs – Performance". Rimac Automobili. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Dent, Steve (March 6, 2018). "Rimac unveils the 1,900 HP Concept Two electric hypercar". Engadget. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Eisenstein, Paul A. (March 10, 2018). "What's new at the Geneva Auto Show: A Croatian hypercar, an electric Porsche, and more". NBC News. US. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Wong, Jon (March 7, 2018). "Rimac C Two electric hypercar shocks Geneva with 1,914 horsepower". CNET. US. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Carney, Dan (March 7, 2018). "The New 1,914-HP Electric Hypercar From Rimac Hits 60-MPH in an Insane 1.85 Seconds". Maxim. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Milčić, Mladen (March 6, 2018). "Rimac će 150 novih C_Two prodati za 255 milijuna eura". Večernji (in Croatian). Croatia. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Bruce, Chris (March 7, 2018). "Rimac C_Two Shocks Geneva With 1,888 HP, Goes 0-60 In 1.85 Seconds". Motor1. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Padeanu, Adrian (March 8, 2018). "$2.1-Million Rimac C_Two Almost Sold Out Three Weeks Since Debut". motor1.com. US. Retrieved June 1, 2018.
- King, Alanis (March 6, 2018). "The Rimac C Two Is A Semi-Autonomous Electric Monster With 1,914 HP And Facial Recognition". Jalopnik. US. Retrieved March 16, 2018.
- Hart, Spencer (March 7, 2018). "The Rimac C_Two is the electric hypercar of your dreams". T3. UK. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Gayde, William (March 6, 2018). "Rimac's new electric car does 0-60 in 1.85 seconds, packs 1,914 horsepower". TechSpot. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- Shilling, Erik (March 6, 2018). "The Rimac C Two's 0-60 Time Is Dumbfounding". Jalopnik. US. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- Gayde, William (March 6, 2018). "Rimac's new electric car does 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, packs 1,914 horsepower". TechSpot. US. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Weaver, Darren; Black, Erin (March 12, 2018). "C_Two electric concept vehicle from Rimac Automobili". CNBC. US. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- "Die stärksten Sportwagen der Welt" [The strongest sports car in the world]. Auto Bild (in German). Germany. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Snyder, John Beltz (March 6, 2018). "Rimac C_Two is a next-gen EV hypercar from Croatia". Autoblog. US. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Schroeder, Stan. "Rimac's new supercar goes from 0-60 mph in an insane 1.85 seconds". Mashable. US. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Kew, Ollie (March 6, 2018). "The Rimac C_Two is a 258mph self-driving electric hypercar". Top Gear. UK. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Petrány, Máté (March 6, 2018). "Rimac C_Two: 1914 HP and a 1.85-Second 0-60 Time". Road & Track. US. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Smith, Luke John (March 9, 2018). "Rimac Concept Two electric hypercar is not a Tesla Roadster killer its a PETROL killer". Express. UK. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Lopez, Jonathon (March 2, 2018). "2019 Rimac Concept Two News". Top Speed. UK. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- Savov, Vlad (March 8, 2018). "Rimac's Concept Two is a soulless speed demon you unlock with your face". The Verge. US. Retrieved March 30, 2018.