|Bernd Beetz (CEO)|
Rimmel (commonly known as Rimmel London) is a British cosmetics brand, now owned by Coty, Inc. The House of Rimmel was founded by Eugène Rimmel as a perfumery in 1834 in Regent Street, London, England.
Within a year of opening, Rimmel came to create many make-up products including his best-known mascara. It gave rise to the term 'rimmel' being used to mean 'mascara' in many Mediterranean languages. With creative success in these products, Rimmel London began creating products such as pomades and mouth rinses. Today, the brand is one of the world's most popular make-up producers.
Rimmel's company motto is "Live the London Look". The faces of Rimmel were Kate Moss, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Lily Cole, Ayumi Hamasaki, and ITV's Holly Willoughby. In October 2009, it was announced that Jerry Hall, Georgia May Jagger, and Canadian supermodel, Coco Rocha, were set to join to the line-up of spokeswomen. Within days of Rocha's first campaign release, Rimmel announced that they had signed Zooey Deschanel, Solange Knowles, and Alejandra Ramos Munoz would help the brand launch into the global marketplace. In 2013, Rimmel announced their collaboration with British singer, Rita Ora, for makeup collections. In 2016, Rimmel named British model, Cara Delevingne, as one of the faces of their brand.
Ads featuring Moss and Jagger were banned from British magazines and television after the Advertising Standards Authority found them to be misleading as the ads used false lashes.
Rimmel products are available in pharmacies and supermarkets in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, the UK, Ukraine,India, and the US.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-12-31. Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "Rimmel London add Georgia May Jagger and Coco Rocha to their roster while Rocha cooks at home". Sassybella.com. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Costello, Brid (5 March 2010). "Zooey Deschanel and Solange Knowles Tapped by Rimmel". Wwd.com. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Rita Ora Confirms Rimmel London Collection". MTV. 19 September 2013. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "CARA DELEVINGNE IS NOW THE FACE OF RIMMEL". Elle South Africa. April 13, 2016. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-08. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-10-28. Retrieved 2010-11-08.