Rinat Neuroscience Corporation
Rinat Neuroscience Corporation was a privately held biotechnology company that discovered and developed antibody-based drugs including:
- Tanezumab (codenamed RN624)., a monoclonal antibody against nerve growth factor for the treatment of pain
- Ponezumab (codenamed RN1219), a monoclonal antibody against Beta amyloid for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease
- Fremanezumab (codenamed TEV-48125, RN307 and LBR-101), a monoclonal antibody against Calcitonin gene-related peptide for the treatment of migraines
- Bococizumab (codenamed RN316), a monoclonal antibody against PCSK9 designed to reduce LDL cholesterol
Rinat was founded in 2001 by Arnon Rosenthal and Patrick Lynn, following a broad licensing agreement with Genentech, and was acquired by Pfizer in 2006 for approximately $500M. Rinat currently operates as an independent biotechnology unit within Pfizer's Worldwide R&D group in South San Francisco
- Vastag, Brian. "Monoclonals expand into neural disorders". Nature.
- Lane, Nancy E.; et al. "Tanezumab for the Treatment of Pain from Osteoarthritis of the Knee". The New England Journal of Medicine.
- "Ponezumab". ALZForum.
- "Teva Completes Acquisition of Labrys: Opens Door to a Strong and Novel Migraine Prevention and Treatment Franchise within its CNS Portfolio". Business Wire/Nasdaq.
- Carroll, John. "In biotech trifecta, startup lassos $31M, a CEO and a lead drug from Pfizer". FierceBiotech.
- Leuty, Ron. "Migraine drug developer Labrys targeted by Teva in $825 million deal". San Francisco Business Times.
- Berkrot, Bill; Beasley, Deena. "Experimental Pfizer cholesterol drug promising in study". Reuters.
- "Arnon Rosenthal Ph.D. - Executive Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Leuty, Ron. "Alector snags funding in founder's latest attack on Alzheimer's". San Francisco Business Times.
- "Patrick G. Lynn - Executive Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- "Genentech and Rinat Neuroscience Announce Co-Development and Joint Commercialization Agreement for Anti-NGF Antibody for Acute and Chronic Pain". Genentech.
- Pollack, Andrew. "Pfizer to Buy Rinat, a Biotechnology Drug Maker". New York Times.
- "Pfizer to Expand Neuroscience Research with Acquisition of Biotech Company Rinat Neuroscience disorders". Pfizer. Archived from the original on 2015-09-24.
- "Rinat". Pfizer. Archived from the original on 2014-09-01.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|