Rincon High School
|Rincon High School|
|421 N. Arcadia Avenue
Tucson, Arizona, 85711
|School district||Tucson Unified School District|
|Principal||Mrs. Catherine Comstock|
|Faculty||64.2 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Enrollment||1,278 (2005-06); 1,998 combined (October 1, 2012)|
|Student to teacher ratio||19.9|
|Color(s)||Purple and White|
|Nickname||Home of the Rangers|
|Team name||Rincon Rangers|
|Newspaper||The Rincon Echo|
Rincon High School is a public high school in Tucson, Arizona. The school serves about 1,300 students in grades 9 to 12 in the Tucson Unified School District (TUSD). Since 1985, the campus has been shared with University High School, a separate accelerated institution. Courses from each school can be combined, and athletics and fine arts are combined under the Rincon name. The two schools do field separate teams for academic competitive events.
- Ron Barber, U.S. Representative for Arizona (since 2012)
- Jason Jacome, Former MLB player (New York Mets, Kansas City Royals, Cleveland Indians)
- Jimmy Johnson, former minor league infielder and manager
- Paul Moskau, Former MLB player (Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburgh Pirates, Chicago Cubs)
- Tom Pagnozzi, Former MLB player (St. Louis Cardinals)
- Nora Slawik, Minnesota politician
- Chad Griggs, professional mixed martial arts fighter
- "Rincon High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- AIA 2012 enrollment figures
- "Rincon Rangers". MaxPreps. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- "Barber, Ron". Washington, D.C.: Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. June 19, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
... graduated from Rincon High School, Tucson, Ariz, 1963
- Profile, tusd.k12.az.us; accessed November 14, 2014.
|This Arizona school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|