|Michael Ringier, Chairman
Marc Walder, CEO since 5.4.2012
|Revenue||CHF 1296 million (2011)|
Number of employees
Ringier AG is the largest international operating media company in Switzerland, founded in 1833 in Zofingen and based in Zürich. It publishes over 120 newspapers, magazines in German, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Serbian, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak and English and operates several e-commerce platforms. It has a yearly income of approximately 1.2 billion CHF and over 8,000 employees in more than seven countries.
The owners of the company are Evelyn Lingg-Ringier, Annette Ringier and Michael Ringier. On April 5, 2012, Marc Walder was appointed as the new CEO of Ringier AG.
The world-wide activities of Ringier include:
- The classical main business of information transfer in newspapers and magazines, extended by digital and mobile platforms. The printing plants in various countries also belong to the main business.
- The digital business, mainly internet based and mobile e-commerce-services like shopping webpage’s or grouponing-services and car-, housing- or job-platforms.
- The entertainment sector includes all activities around television, radio, events and amusement-services (such as ticketing).
In 1833 Johann Rudolf Ringier purchased a printing works facility in the Swiss town of Zofingen and began by printing regional gazettes and school curriculums. The small workshop soon evolved into a national newspaper-publishing house. Schweizer Illustrierte was first published in 1911 using letterpress. It was Switzerland's most successful people magazine and remains so to this day. In 1959 Ringier took the Swiss public by surprise launching the country's first tabloid, Blick. The concept of the publication’s style prompted violent controversy among readers but proved very successful. Ringier first ventured into the television business in 1984, founding the local TV programming company, Zürivision. In 1987, Ringier expanded abroad for the first time, to Asia. The company's first activities in Eastern Europe took place in 1990. Although the Internet only began gaining momentum as a mass medium towards the end of the 1990s, Ringier recognized its potential as early as 1996, and began to conquer the electronic media with the Blick Online and CASH Online websites. Launching a joint venture unique to the company’s history in 2010, Ringier partnered with German publisher Axel Springer to found Ringier Axel Springer Media AG to boost business in Central Europe.
Ringier Axel Springer Media AG
In 2010, Ringier and the German publishing company Axel Springer launched the joint venture Ringier Axel Springer Media AG, focusing on Central Europe and incorporating their existing business in the Czech Republic, Poland, Serbia and Slovakia. Each partner owns a 50 percent stake in the new company. Ringier Axel Springer Media AG has a combined output of over 70 print publications and more than 60 online products.
In Switzerland, in German:
- Blick, Blick am Abend and Sonntags-Blick
- Gesundheit Sprechstunde
- TV Täglich
- Schweizer Illustrierte / Schweizer Illustrierte Grün / SI Style
- SPORT magine
In Switzerland, in French:
In Switzerland, in Italian:
- Il Caffè
- Libertatea de Duminica
- Libertatea Weekend
- Elle Man
- Bravo Girl
- Libertatea Pentru Femei
- Lumea Femeilor
- Népszabadság TV Magazin
- Tina Extra
- Blikk TV Magazin
- Vasárnapi Blikk
- Blikk Nök
- Nemzeti Sport
- Képes Sport
- IM Style
- Bravo Girl
- Buci Maci
- City Weekend
- Betty's Kitchen
- Industry Sourcing
- CAAC Inflight Magazine
- Special Interest (37 titles)
- Thời Trang Trẻ
- Thế Giới Mốt
- Bếp Gia Đình
- Mua Bán Nhà Đất
-  Ringier Portfolio
- de:Michael Ringier Michael Ringier
-  Blick
-  The history of the Ringier AG
- "Ringier Axel Springer Media AG - Ringier AG, an international media enterprise.". ringier.com.
- "ISSUU - PigiaMe Magazine". issuu.com.
- "Online Shopping in Kenya - Shop Online and Save Rupu". Rupu Kenya. Ringier Kenya. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Pulse. "News and Entertainment – Latest Updates in Nigeria - Pulse.ng". pulse.ng.
- "Ady.ng is Nigerias Free Classified Ads Platform Online". Ady Nigeria. Ringier Nigeria. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "RDM Nigeria, SEO, Digital Marketing, Online Marketing, Website Design, App Development Africa, Lagos, Nigeria". Ringier Digital Marketing Nigeria. Ringier Nigeria. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ringier.|