|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
A ringlet is a type of hairstyle. It is achieved by wrapping a lock of hair around the length of a thin curling iron or can be sported naturally by people with sufficiently tightly curled hair. Ringlets are often also known as tube curls or corkscrew curls. The curls can also be achieved by hair rollers.
Examples of people with the ringlet hairstyle
- During the Flavian dynasty in ancient Rome, aristocratic women wore the ringlet hairstyle.
- Canadian actress Mary Pickford's emblematic hairstyle was ringlets before she cut her hair into a bob style.
- Child actress Shirley Temple was famous for her ringlet hair, styled every day by her mother.
- Actress Bette Davis had ringlet curls from two of her movies: Jezebel and What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
- In the 1950 Disney film, Cinderella, followed by two sequels, Cinderella's stepsisters, Drizella and Anastasia Tremaine have their hair styled into ringlets.
- Wendy Darling from the 1953 Disney movie, Peter Pan has a ringlet ponytail accessorized with a blue bow.
- In the 1958 Tom and Jerry cartoon Royal Cat Nap, the king has ringlet curls while he was taking a nap in his bed.
- Margaret Wade played by Jeannie Russell from the TV show, Dennis the Menace has ringlet curls.
- Nellie Oleson played by Alison Arngrim from Little House on the Prairie and her adopted sister, Nancy Oleson from the spin-off, Little House: A New Beginning had their blonde hair styled into ringlets.
- Comedienne Gilda Radner styled her hair into ringlets to do the operetta number with the Six-Foot Tall Talking Carrot on The Muppet Show.
- The Chipettes from Alvin and the Chipmunks had ringlet curls from three episodes: "Sisters (Episode 30A)," "Cinderella? Cinderella! (Episode 41)," and "Goin' Down To Dixie (Episode 52B)."
- In the 1997 Warner Bros. movie, Cats Don't Dance, the evil and psychotic human child star of Hollywood, Darla Dimple has ringlet curls.
- Karin Kanzuki from Street Fighter Alpha 3 has blonde hair styled into long oversized ringlets and she wore a blue bow on the back when she appeared as a playable character.
- Nanette Manoir from Angela Anaconda has golden blonde hair styled into dazzling Victorian ringlet curls in emulation of her mother's look.
- Tune of the Pixies from Winx Club (Season 2) has pale purple hair styled into Victorian-style ringlet curls while she was wearing her outfit in purples, whites and blues.
- The Veruca Salt character from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has her hair styled in (oversized) ringlets on the day of the chocolate factory tour.
- Beans the desert iguana from the 2011 film, Rango has her hair styled into long ringlets while wearing her blue dress when she first met Rango.
- Patty Farrell (played by Laine MacNeil) from, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules has her pigtails styled into ringlets while she was singing the song, Memory during the talent show.
- On Phineas and Ferb episode 145: "Gi-Ants," Linda Flynn-Fletcher has ringlet curls while posing as the Statue of Liberty for a famous statue life drawing class.
- Two characters from Sofia the First had ringlet curls: Princess Clio and Winifred the Wise.
- Celebrities such as Emmy Rossum, Jennifer Lopez and Taylor Swift are known for wearing ringlets.