All Saints Church, Ringsfield
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||NR34 8|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Ringsfield is a village and civil parish in the English county of Suffolk located approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) south-west of Beccles in the Waveney district. The mid-2005 population estimate for Ringsfield parish was 340, measured at 323 in the 2011 Census. The modern village is concentrated around Ringsfield Corner crossroads, about 1 mile (1½km) south of the parish church. Weston is 1 1⁄3 miles (2.1 km) to the east, Redisham 2 miles (3.2 km) to the south and Ilkesthall St Andrew 2 miles (3.2 km) to the west.
The parish church is dedicated to All Saints. The churchyard contains the grave and memorial of the American born Princess Caroline Murat (1833–1902), great niece of Napoleon Bonaparte and granddaughter of Joachim Murat, King of Naples. She lived and died at Redisham Hall after marrying John Lewis Garden, whose family seat it was. The church is a Grade II* listed building.
Redisham Hall, rebuilt in 1823 by John Garden to replace a previous Elizabethan house, is a Grade II listed building. located in 400 acres (1.6 km2) of parkland in Ringsfield parish, to the south-west of the village. It passed down in the Garden family to John Lewis Garden, a big game hunter and husband of Caroline Murat. Parts of the hall are now used as holiday cottages.
- Estimates of Total Population of Areas in Suffolk Archived 19 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine., Suffolk County Council, 2007-05-01. Retrieved 2009-04-20
- Civil Parish population 2011. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- Ringsfield and Weston Parish Council. Retrieved 2009-04-20
- Suffolk Churches Site. Retrieved 2009-04-20
- Hundred River Benefice. Retrieved 2009-04-20
- Listed Buildings in Waveney District Area[permanent dead link] Waveney District Council, 2007. Retrieved 2009-04-20
- Holiday cottage description. Retrieved 2009-04-21
- Suffolk County Council Ringsfield CEVCP School Profile. Retrieved 2009-04-20
- Suffolk Camra. Retrieved 2009-04-20
Media related to Ringsfield at Wikimedia Commons
|This Suffolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|