Signpost in Ringstead
|Area||11.13 km2 (4.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||29/km2 (75/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Ringstead is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It covers an area of 11.13 km2 (4.30 sq mi) and had a population of 355 in 155 households at the 2001 census, reducing to 324 at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
The Ringstead downs is a large forested area at the bottom of the village. The downs link Ringstead to the nearby resort town of Hunstanton.
- Julian Mond, 3rd Baron Melchett (1925 -1973) - former chairman of British Steel Corporation
- Sonia Mond, Sonia Melchett, Baroness Melchett - 1928; socialite and author
- Peter Mond, 4th Baron Melchett - 1948; former Lord in Waiting, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State and Minister of State
- Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes Archived 2017-02-11 at the Wayback Machine.. Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Retrieved 20 June 2009.
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 29 August 2015.
Media related to Ringstead, Norfolk at Wikimedia Commons
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|