Ringwood railway station, Melbourne
Westbound view in May 2014 prior to upgrade.
|Location||Railway Place, Ringwood|
|Distance||25.76 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||3 (1 island, 1 side)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||1 December 1882|
Ringwood railway station is the junction station for the Lilydale and Belgrave lines in Victoria, Australia. It serves the eastern Melbourne suburb of Ringwood opening on 1 December 1882. It was upgraded to a Premium station on 31 July 1996.
The original signal box was located on platforms 1 and 2. It has since been relocated to the bus interchange. Signals are currently controlled from within the station building on platform 3. Stabling sidings are located at the northern end of the station.
Platform 1 is a recent addition to the station, being built in 1999. Prior to this the track on the now-platform 1 side was used as a siding which continued along to the Wantirna Road bridge.
As part of the Eastland Shopping centre stage 5 project, Ringwood was upgraded in 2015, with the $66 million upgrade to the station being completed in January 2016. The work included a new concourse, lifts, reconfigured bus interchange, CCTV and heritage work on the station buildings. The station buildings themselves were not significantly altered as they are heritage listed.
Eastland Shopping Centre is located opposite the station.
Facilities, platforms and services
Ringwood has one island platform (platforms 1 & 2) and one side platform (platform 3) linked by the concourse. Platform 3 and the concourse feature customer service windows and platform 2 features a semi-enclosed waiting area with platform 3 and the concourse also featuring toilets and Platform 2 featuring a kiosk. All 3 platforms are accessible via ramps, stairs and lifts. The bus interchange is located outside platform 3.
- Lilydale line: services to Flinders Street
- Belgrave line: services to Flinders Street
- Belgrave line: early morning and late night services to and from Belgrave
- Lilydale line early morning and late night services to and from Lilydale
McKenzie's Tourist Services operates one route via Ringwood station:
Transdev Melbourne operate five routes via Ringwood station:
- 271: to Box Hill Central Shopping Centre
- 364: to Warrandyte
- 370: to Mitcham station
- 380: to Croydon station (loop)
- 901: Frankston station - Melbourne Airport
Ventura Bus Lines operate two routes to and from Ringwood station:
Around 1964, an L Class electric loco ran away, crashing the same buffer stops, and stopped with its front bogie dangling over Wantirna Road.  On 12 July 1992, a Comeng overshot the same siding as per the 1908 accident, with leading car 392M crashing through and stopping on top of the buffer stops right near the edge of the Wantirna Road bridge.
- Ringwood Vicsig
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society: 310. October 1997.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society: 249. August 1999.
- Ringwood Station and Interchange Upgrade Department of Transport, Planning & Local Infrastructure
- Ringwood Station and Interchange Upgrade Public Transport Victoria
- Ringwood Railway Station On my Doorstep
- Lilydale Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Belgrave Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 684 Eildon - Melbourne timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 271 Box Hill - Ringwood timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 364 Warrandyte - Ringwood timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 370 Ringwood – Mitcham timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 380 Ringwood - Croydon loop timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 901 Frankston - Melbourne Airport timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 670 Ringwood - Swingburne University timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 679 Chirnside Park Shopping Centre - Ringwood timetable Public Transport Victoria
- "(untitled)". Public Record Office Victoria. Archived from the original on 18 October 2010.
- Personal observation.
- One of Metro's newest trains crashes through fence at Ringwood Herald Sun