Rini Simon Khanna
Rini Simon Khanna
|Education||Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Jesus and Mary College, The Air Force School (Subroto Park)|
|Occupation||News Anchor, Journalist|
Rini Simon Khanna (born 1964) is a noted Indian television news anchor, who worked with state-run Doordarshan (1985 – 2001), which made her a "household name", and later started a career as voiceover professional and anchor person for various events. She started her career as a newscaster with All India Radio in 1982.
Early life and education
Born as Rini Simon in 1964, in New Delhi, she grew up in Delhi and numerous cities as her father an officer with the Indian Air Force traveled like all service personnel do. So she studied in almost nine schools in Delhi, Halwara (Punjab), Mumbai, Jodhpur, Bagdogra, Tambaram and back in Delhi. She finished her schooling from The Air Force School at Subroto Park, Delhi in 1981. Thereafter she graduated in English literature from Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University, and did her post graduation in History and also did a PG diploma in Journalism from Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi.
With a career that spans three decades now, Rini began producing and hosting programmes and interviews on India’s National Radio, All India Radio at 13 and was soon selected to read the Prime time National News on All India Radio. In addition she does commentary on prestigious occasions such as Independence day, Republic day etc. for television and radio.
She was handpicked from Radio to anchor the National news on Delhi Doordarshan, the premier Indian television channel in 1985, co-anchoring news with Tejeshwar Singh. In addition to presenting news, Rini is an experienced Voice talent, rendering commentary and voiceovers for documentaries, advt films and feature-films. She also anchors international and national conferences, cultural shows and seminars for prestigious organisations, UN agencies, corporate groups and Government agencies.
- "Tejeshwar Singh, voice of DD news, passes away". Indian Express. 16 December 2007. Archived from the original on 24 February 2012.
..the stalwarts of the golden years of Doordarshan's news service, along with Neethi Ravindran, Komal G B Singh, Preet Bedi and Rini Khanna.
- "Second season". The Tribune. 7 March 2010.
- "Age of innocence: Media personalities look back." The Hindu. 25 October 2009.
- "Like Metro, voice alerts on DTC". The Times of India. 23 June 2011.
- "The news, according to...Rini Simon Khanna". harmonyindia.org.
- "Manthan Award South Asia Grand Jury 2010 Profile: Rini Simon Khanna". Manthan Award. 2010. Archived from the original on 17 October 2012.
- "CYNICAL CONTRARIAN: Ban the News". The Times of India. 4 May 2007.
- दिल्ली मेट्रो की अनाउंसमेंट के पीछे हैं इनकी आवाजें Aaj Tak
- Delhi metro to run Independence Day special train, check features