Rio Claro-Mayaro Regional Corporation
|Mayaro Rio Claro|
|Country||Trinidad and Tobago|
|• Body||Mayaro Rio Claro Regional Corporation|
|• Chairman||Glen Ram|
|• Total||852.81 km2 (329.27 sq mi)|
|Population (2000 est.)|
|• Density||38/km2 (98/sq mi)|
|Time zone||ECT (UTC-4)|
Mayaro Rio Claro Regional Corporation is a Regional Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago. It has a land area of 852.81 km². The Mayaro Rio Claro Regional Corporation is headquartered in Rio Claro. Other towns include Mayaro and Guayaguayare.
- Rio Claro North
- Rio Claro South
The region possesses an abundance of beach front and the largest reservoir of natural gas and crude oil along its eastern coast. Employment opportunities vary from agriculture, fishing and logging to a variety of small business institutions.
The Corporation’s area of responsibility spans eight hundred and fifty three square kilometers i.e. 853 km² and comprises 39 discrete communities. It is the second largest landmass of any Regional Corporation in Trinidad.
The Mayaro Rio Claro Regional Corporation is committed to providing quality services and resources to the environs of its regions. The Corporation is governed by the Municipal Corporation’s Act No. 21 of 1990 and is one of fourteen such bodies under the Ministry of Local Government.
Creating stakeholder partnerships for the sustainable development of the Region by effectively delivering services through a well trained, knowledgeable and caring workforce.
Members of Council
CHAIRMAN COUNCILLOR HAZARIE RAMDEEN
- Representative for the District of Rio Claro North
- Chairman of the Regional Coordinating Committee
- Chairman of the Statutory Meeting Committee
VICE CHAIRMAN COUNCILLOR RAYMOND COZIER
- Representative for the District of Mayaro/Guayaguayare
- Chairman of the Finance, Planning & Allocation of Resources Committee
COUNCILLOR GLEN RAM
- Representative for the District of Biche/Charuma
- Chairman of Physical Infrastructure Committee
- Chairman of Sports, Education and Youth Affairs Committee
COUNCILLOR KESHRIE KISSOON
- Representative for the District of Cocal/Mafeking
- Chairman of the Personnel Committee
- Chairman of Public Safety, Disaster and Transport Committee
COUNCILLOR CYRILLA ZOLA COOPER
- Representative for the District of Rio Claro South/Cat's Hill
- Chairman of the Street Naming Committee
- Chairman of the Culture and Festivals Committee
COUNCILLOR SHAFFICK MOHAMMED
- Representative for the District of Ecclesville
- Chairman of the Public Health Committee
- Chairman of the Cemeteries and Parks Committee
ALDERMAN KOONJOO BOOCHOON
- Chairman of the Buildings Committee
- Local Government Corporations, from Nalis, the National Library and Information Service of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Mayaro Rio Claro Corporation Website, from Mayaro Rio Claro Corporation Information Services
|This Trinidad and Tobago location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|