Rio Township, Knox County, Illinois
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location in Knox County
Knox County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Total||36.16 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.16 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||791 ft (241 m)|
|• Density||14.3/sq mi (5.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61401, 61467, 61472, 61488|
|GNIS feature ID||0429643|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.16 square miles (93.7 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these four cemeteries: Bruner, Deatherage, Rio Baptist and Rio.
Airports and landing strips
- Johnson Landing Strip
- Rowva Community Unit School District 208
- United Community School District 304
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Rio Township, Knox County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Rivoli Township, Mercer County||Oxford Township, Henry County||Clover Township, Henry County|
|North Henderson Township, Mercer County||Ontario Township|
|Kelly Township, Warren County||Henderson Township||Sparta Township|