Rio Vista Dam
The dam was badly damaged during the flood of 1998.
Following a $2.1 million USD project, Recreation Engineering and Planning (REP) was commissioned to reconstruct the failing dam to enhance existing usage for recreational visitors and tourists alike while improving a stimulant of the local economy. REP was capable of providing a design which was tailored to the needs of the Rio Vista Dam which drastically reduced the reconstruction costs from $1.8 million to $500,000. The reconstruction efforts done by KBR, included removing the failing concrete side walls, grading the banks down to the water, and the addition of artificial rapids. REP completed the project in just under four months when the park reopened on May 25, 2006.
Rio Vista Park
- San Marcos Daily Record, "Old dam is on the brink", Nov 20, 2005
- The City of San Marcos
- San Antonio Express News
- 2006 Year in Review – San Marcos Police Department
- Rio Vista Whitewater Park – San Marcos River
- Area Attractions & Events – Texas State University
- San Marcos, TX – Just the first?, San Marcos Daily Record
- Attractions – Tour San Marcos
|This article about a building or structure in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a dam or floodgate in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|