|Population||1,405 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Ipswich|
Ripley is situated in the Yugarabul traditional Aboriginal country.  The historical settlement of Ripley dates back to the mid-1800s as a farming community before the announcement of the master-planned development in 2007.  
The eastern boundary of Ripley is aligned with Bundamba Creek. The Centenary Highway passes through the south east corner of Ripley. Ripley is located within the Ripley Valley and takes its name from the valley.
Ripley urban development
The Ripley area is part of the Brisbane metropolitan western growth corridor project. The development, known as Ecco Ripley is in response to the local and state governments' solicitation for land releases to alleviate expected and forecasted population growth from the general population growth of the existing communities, as well as growth from interstate and overseas migration.
Once the area is fully developed, the Ripley district is expected to have a population of 120,000 people with an estimated 50,000 residential dwellings. The city development will provide employment with 200,000 job positions estimated. The Ripley development is in proximity of the suburbs and areas within the western growth corridor and Ripley district, such as South Ripley, Swanbank, Deebing Heights and White Rock (Ipswich), with suitable land for new residential, business and industrial developments.
The development is to be the country's largest planned community.
Planned transportation links includes an extension of the Springfield railway line to Ipswich and commuter railway stations between Ipswich and Springfield.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Ripley (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Ripley – suburb (entry 48381)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Jagera, Yuggera and Ugarapul People and Ipswich City Indigenous Land Use Agreement (ILUA)". ATNS. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "AIATSIS code E66: Yugarabul". Federal government. Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
- "The Rich History Of Ripley Valley Is Worth Exploring". Providence Ripley. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "Ipswich council unveils major pre-planned community project". ABC News. 25 May 2007. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Ripley Valley – valley (entry 44029)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Ripley Valley - The Western Corridor". Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Monash University Research Repository - People and Place". Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Ripley Valley". Ipswich City Council. Archived from the original on 3 March 2011. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Ipswich council unveils major pre-planned community project". 25 May 2007. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Ipswich to Springfield Public Transport Corridor Study". 24 July 2019. Retrieved 30 May 2020.