|LGA(s)||City of Ipswich|
The eastern boundary of Ripley is aligned with Bundamba Creek. The Centenary Highway passes through the south east corner of Ripley. Ripley is located within the Ripley Valley and takes its name from the valley.
Ripley urban development
Ripley in its current form exists as a small community of under 1,000 residents. The area is part of the Brisbane metropolitan western growth corridor project. The development, known as Ecco Ripley is in response to the local and state governments solicitation for land releases to alleviate expected and forecasted population growth from the general population growth of the existing communities as well as growth from interstate and overseas migration.
Once the area is fully developed, Ripley is expected to have a population of 120,000 people with an estimated 50,000 residential dwellings. The city development will provide employment with 200,000 job positions estimated. The Ripley development takes advantage of the suburbs and areas within the western growth corridor such as Amberley, Ebenezer, New Chum, Swanbank, Deebing Heights and Willowbank with suitable land for new business and industrial developments.
The development is to be the country's largest planned community.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Ripley, Queensland (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "Ripley - suburb (entry 48381)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Ripley Valley - valley (entry 44029)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Ripley Valley - The Western Corridor". Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Monash University Research Repository - People and Place". Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Ripley Valley". Ipswich City Council. Archived from the original on 3 March 2011. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Ipswich council unveils major pre-planned community project". 25 May 2007. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
|This Ipswich, Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|