Ripley Township, Montgomery County, Indiana
Location in Montgomery County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||31.61 sq mi (81.9 km2)|
|• Land||31.58 sq mi (81.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||781 ft (238 m)|
|• Density||30.9/sq mi (11.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||47916, 47933, 47990|
|GNIS feature ID||453803|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 31.61 square miles (81.9 km2), of which 31.58 square miles (81.8 km2) (or 99.91%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.09%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Fruits, O'Neal, Sparks, Stonebraker and Yountsville.
- Shades State Park (north quarter)
- South Montgomery Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 41
- State Senate District 23
- "Ripley Township, Montgomery County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Ripley Township
|Jackson Township, Fountain County||Union Township|
|Howard Township, Parke County||Brown Township|