|Parent company||BMG Rights Management|
|Genre||Punk rock, metalcore, pop punk, nu metal, post-hardcore, hardcore punk|
|Country of origin||United States|
Rise was founded in 1991 by Craig Ericson in Nevada City, California. He released a small number of 7" records before putting the label on hiatus to attend college. Ericson didn't release anything further until 1999, after moving to Portland, Oregon. He began issuing small-print 7" records, and his first CD release came in 2000, from the group One Last Thing. The label gave a strong foundation to bands Anatomy of a Ghost, Ever We Fall (who later signed with Hopeless) and Fear Before the March of Flames (who signed to Equal Vision). Later signees (e.g. Drop Dead, Gorgeous, Breathe Carolina and The Devil Wears Prada), gained considerable popularity while with Rise, and moved on to what were larger labels at the time (Interscope, Fearless and Ferret, respectively). Rise has also signed some veteran bands, including: Hot Water Music, Bouncing Souls, The Bled, Bleeding Through and From First To Last.
Rise Records' releases are distributed in the U.S. by ADA. In July 2013, the company moved from Portland to neighboring Beaverton, Oregon. The label has a distribution deal with Alternative Distribution Alliance, the indie distributor owned by Warner Music Group and directly in Europe and Australia with Warner Music.
On September 9, Australian label UNFD announced a distribution partnership with Rise. On May 18, 2015, BMG announced the acquisition of the label. Rise will maintain its headquarters and Ericson will remain in charge. BMG will help with back office operations and provide Rise a more international reach.
Current and former artists
- 7 Seconds
- The Acacia Strain
- Alive Like Me
- The Bouncing Souls
- Cane Hill
- Chelsea Grin
- Cold Collective
- Crown the Empire
- Dance Gavin Dance
- Dave Hause
- Defeat the Low
- The Devil Wears Prada
- The Early November
- Face To Face
- Fire From the Gods
- For the Fallen Dreams
- Further Seems Forever
- Garrett Klahn
- Hands Like Houses
- Hot Water Music
- I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business
- The Jealous Sound
- Kevin Seconds
- Knuckle Puck
- Light Up the Sky
- Like Moths to Flames
- Make Do and Mend
- Make Them Suffer (Outside AUS)
- Man Overboard
- Matty Mullins
- Memphis May Fire
- Miss May I
- Of Mice & Men
- Only Crime
- Poison the Well
- Polar Bear Club
- River Oaks
- Royal Psalms
- Sleeping With Sirens
- Teenage Bottlerocket
- War Generation
Velocity Records artists
- Up to Here - Machine
- Slydog - Demo
- Tenpin - 40 Hour Bus Ride
- Divit / Lonely Kings - Split 12"
- The Secludes - Blue
- One Last Thing - The Foster Portfolio (August 14, 2001)
- Divit / Everyday Victory - Split CD (August 14, 2001)
- Longshot - One Small Voice (August 14, 2001)
- One Last Thing / Crosstide - Split CD (October 16, 2001)
- Rise Records 10 - Compilation
- Watch It Burn - Radio Pollution (October 16, 2001)
- Day of Less / The Great Anti-Listen - Split CD (December 11, 2001)
- K Through Six - What Once Was and How It Could Be (November 6, 2001)
- Day of Less - Ad Hoc (June 4, 2002)
- The 6-Minute Heartstop - The 6-Minute Heartstop (December 11, 2001)
- Crosstide - Seventeen Nautical Miles (June 4, 2002)
- Dualesc - Through the Floods, Not With Them (June 4, 2002)
- The 6-Minute Heartstop - 321 Odds (June 4, 2002)
- Highwire Days - Hell from the Eyes Up (September 10, 2002)
- The Solo Project - Bend/Break (November 26, 2002)
- Anatomy of a Ghost - Evanescence (October 21, 2003)
- Thirty Two Frames - Thirty Two Frames
- Clarity Process - Fluid (June 16, 1999)
- Fear Before the March of Flames - Odd How People Shake (April 6. 2004)
- Rise Records 25 - Compilation
- Lonely Kings - Ides of March (May 19, 1999)
- Everyday Victory - Oceans and Airplanes (November 3, 1999)
- Ever We Fall - Endura
- Farewell My Enemy - Casting for Funerals
- Small Towns Burn a Little Slower - Small Towns Burn a Little Slower
- Orange Island - The Morning After
- Clarity Process - Killing the Precedent
- Still Life Projector - The Dance Riot
- Five Minute Ride - The World Needs No Convincing of All That Is Missing
- Life Before This - Life Before This
- Coretta Scott - Scream and Shout
- Paint by Numbers - Plastic
- Tides of Man - Empire Theory (August 4, 2009)
- "News | BMG Music Rights Management". Bmg.com. 2015-05-18. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- Label Profile: Rise Records. Alternative Press, October 2008, p. 56.
- Marum, Anna (August 12, 2013). "Alternative rock label Rise Records moves to Beaverton for better tax climate". The Oregonian. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Supporto". Discotecalaziale.com. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- "UNFD". Unfdcentral.com. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- Ingham, Tim (2015-05-18). "BMG acquires US label Rise Records in multi-million dollar deal". Music Business Worldwide. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- "Alive Like Me sign to Rise Records, stream new single - Alternative Press". Altpress.com. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- "Dance Gavin Dance Re-Sign To Rise Records — PropertyOfZack". Propertyofzack.com. 2014-01-10. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- "Rise Records Signs Dave Hause, re-release "Resolutions"". PunkNews. 11 February 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Light Up The Sky sign to Rise Records - Alternative Press". Altpress.com. 2015-09-08. Retrieved 2015-09-08.
- "Nightmares sign to Rise Records, release video for "In The Mouth Of Madness" (ft. Tyler Carter) - Alternative Press". Altpress.com. 2014-03-05. Retrieved 2015-06-21.