Rishab Aiyer Ghosh
|Occupation||Journalist, Computer scientist|
Rishab Aiyer Ghosh is a journalist, computer scientist, Open-source software advocate and software entrepreneur. He was a founder of Topsy, a social search and analytics company that was acquired by Apple Inc in December 2013.
A former Open Source Initiative board member, he is Founding International and Managing Editor of peer-reviewed journal First Monday, and Programme Leader of Free/Libre and Open Source Software at UNU-MERIT. Ghosh has undertaken several studies on free software, which he terms "FLOSS" - an alternative term for free software which he is credited with coining. FLOSS emphasizes the essential value of the term "libre" (meaning with few or no restrictions). Ghosh's work represents an effort to reshape the global understanding of FLOSS, including the governmental and academic spheres.
- "Apple Taps Into Twitter, Buying Social Analytics Firm Topsy". Wall Street Journal. 2013.
- "Apple Buys Topsy For Price Reportedly North Of $200M, Could Use Social Signals To Bolster Siri, App Store Relevance". Techcrunch. 2013.
- Noronha, Frederick (October 2, 2002). "Europe Takes a Deeper Look at Free/Libre and Open-Source Software". Linux Journal. Linux Journal. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Rishab Aiyer Ghosh; Vipul Ved Prakash (July 2000). "The Orbiten Free Software Survey". First Monday. 5 (7).
- Noronha, Frederick (August 16, 2007). "Book review: Free/Open Source Software: Network Infrastructure and Security by Gaurab Raj Upadhyaya". Free Software Magazine. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Media related to Rishab Aiyer Ghosh at Wikimedia Commons
- Rishab Aiyer Ghosh at UNU-MERIT
- Collaborative Creativity Group at UNU-MERIT
- Grossman, Wendy M. (January 31, 2007). "Getting to the root of open source". The Inquirer. Incisive Media Investments Limited 2011. Archived from the original on February 27, 2011. Retrieved June 25, 2011.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- Noronha, Frederick (June 9, 2003). "Liberation Technology". Linux Journal. Linux Journal. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- "The liquidity of innovation". The Economist. The Economist Newspaper Limited. October 20, 2005. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- ENS Economic Bureau (April 27, 2004). "India sits on the fence in open source debate". Indian Express.com. The Indian Express Limited. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Sheriff, Lucy (January 15, 2007). "Open source is good for the economy: report". The Register. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Krishnan, Sruthi (June 7, 2009). "A search engine that ranks people's influence". The Hindu. Archived from the original on June 9, 2009. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Jones, K.C. (January 25, 2008). "Wikipedia To Learn More About Its Volunteers". Information Week. UBM TechWeb. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Vosters, Mike (January 29, 2011). "Topsy: Interview with Rishab Aiyer Ghosh, Co-Founder". Web Trends/Forward Thinking. Retrieved June 25, 2011.