Rishi (Kannada actor)
Rishi at Operation Alamelamma (2017) success press meet
|Residence||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Years active||2014 - Present|
|Relatives||RJ Nethra (Sister)|
Rishi is an Indian film actor, who works mainly in Kannada cinema. An engineering graduate, he was an active theatre artist before venturing into the Kannada film industry. He rose to fame with the 2017 blockbuster film Operation Alamelamma.
Early life and education
Rishi was born in Bangalore, Karnataka, India and brought up in Mysore, Karnataka, India. His Father Sri K C Nagaraj was a bank official working in Kaveri Grameena Bank and his mother Anala Nagaraj is a home maker. He did his schooling from St Joseph's Primary School, Mysore and Pre - University course from Marimallappa 's College, Mysore. He went on to attend Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore, pursuing a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering.
During his engineering days, Rishi developed a keen interest in acting and started performing with various amateur theatre groups in Mysore. He was in charge of the dramatics team at his college and also worked as a Radio Jockey outside.
Through campus placement upon graduation, he got a job in a company and entered a brief corporate stint. Following this, he quit his job to become an entrepreneur in the retail interiors and merchandising field.
He then got an opportunity to appear in T.N Sitaram's Mahaparva. Rishi continued to perform with established theatre groups in Bangalore until one day, he got an opportunity to act in a television serial Anuroopa, which was telecast on Star Suvarna. His character portrayal in the serial won him Best Actor consecutively for two years at the Star Suvarna Parivar awards.
Kannada Debut and Recognition
In 2016, director Suni of Simple Agi Ondh Love Story fame noticed his acting and cast him for his thriller comedy film Operation Alamelamma. The film became one of the major blockbuster hits of 2017, also releasing in countries like USA and Europe. Rishi gained wide acclaim for his debut lead role of Purmy, a vegetable vendor. His next release was in 2019 named Kavaludaari which was directed by Hemeanth Rao of Godhi Banna Sadharna Maykattu fame and produced by Puneeth Rajkumar under his production house PRK Productions. The fim became a blockbustter hit and Rishi gained huge appreciation for his role as Inspector K.S.Shyam from both critics and as well as by audience.
He is currently finished shooting for Flip Flop which is being produced by Tamil actor and producer Dhanush.He is also acting in Sarvajanikarige Suvarnavakasha , Ramanavatara , Silk Sidda and Galipata 2 which is being directed by Yograj Bhatt
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2017||Operation Alamelamma||Mr.Parmeshi (Parmi)||Won- SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a leading Role - Debutant (Male) - Kannada|
|Flip Flop||TBA||Post Production|
|Silk Sidda||Sidda||Pre Production|
- "Operation Alamelamma movie review: Get abducted for fun and entertainment". deccanchronicle.com/. 23 July 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "As an actor, you are forced to be on your toes at all times: Rishi — Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Thriller nights for Rishi". deccanchronicle.com/. 28 June 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Daithotal, Madhu (19 December 2016). "TV has a reach that even films aspire to garner: Rishi". The Times of India.
- "Rishi set to make Sandalwood debut with 'Operation Alamelamma'". The News Minute. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Rishi All Set For 'Operation Alamelamma'". Desimartini. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash. "Suni's Operation Alamelamma emerges victorious at the Sandalwood box office". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Kannada thriller 'Operation Alamelamma' theatrical rights bagged by makers of 'Raajakumara'". The News Minute. 13 May 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Namma global invasion!". deccanchronicle.com/. 13 August 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Director Suni's 'Operation Alamelamma' to release next month". The News Minute. 16 June 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Prasad S, Shyam (23 June 2017). "RISHI BAGS SECOND FILM BEFORE HIS FIRST IS OUT".
- "Rishi as police officer in thrilling Kavalu Daari". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Rishi to lead in Dhanush's Sandalwood debut". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "After Malayalam, Dhanush eyes the Kannada industry". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Rishi's next will see Dhanush's backing — Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Dhanush ropes in 'Operation Alamelamma' star for Sandalwood debut". The News Minute. 10 October 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.