Rishi (Kannada actor)
Rishi at Operation Alamelamma (2017) success press meet
|Years active||2014 - Present|
Swathi Parasuraman (m. 2019)
|Relatives||RJ Nethra (Sister)|
Rishi is an Indian film actor, who works mainly in Kannada cinema. An engineering graduate, he was an active theatre artist before venturing into the Kannada film industry. He rose to fame with the 2017 blockbuster film Operation Alamelamma.
Early life and education
Rishi was born in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, and brought up in Mysore, Karnataka. His father Sri K C Nagaraj was a bank official working in Kaveri Grameena Bank and his mother Anala Nagaraj is a home maker. Early name is Monish Nagaraj. He did his schooling from St Joseph's Primary School, Mysore and Pre - University course from Marimallappa 's College, Mysore. He went on to attend Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore, pursuing a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering.
During his engineering days, Rishi developed a keen interest in acting and started performing with various amateur theatre groups in Mysore. He was in charge of the dramatics team at his college and also worked as a Radio Jockey outside.
Through campus placement upon graduation, he got a job in a company and entered a brief corporate stint. Following this, he quit his job to become an entrepreneur in the retail interiors and merchandising field.
He then got an opportunity to appear in T.N Sitaram's Mahaparva. Rishi continued to perform with established theatre groups in Bangalore until one day, he got an opportunity to act in a television serial Anuroopa, which was telecast on Star Suvarna. His character portrayal in the serial won him Best Actor consecutively for two years at the Star Suvarna Parivar awards.
Kannada Debut and Recognition
In 2016, director Suni of Simple Agi Ondh Love Story fame noticed his acting and cast him for his thriller comedy film Operation Alamelamma. The film became one of the major blockbuster hits of 2017, also releasing in countries like USA and Europe. Rishi gained wide acclaim for his debut lead role of Purmy, a vegetable vendor. His next release was in 2019 named Kavaludaari which was directed by Hemeanth Rao of Godhi Banna Sadharna Maykattu fame and produced by Puneeth Rajkumar under his production house PRK Productions. The film became a blockbuster hit and Rishi gained huge appreciation for his role as Inspector K.S.Shyam from both critics and as well as by audience.
He is currently finished shooting for Sakalakala Vallabha which is being directed and co produced by Jacob Verghese along with Tamil actor and producer Dhanush.He is also acting in Sarvajanikarige Suvarnavakaasha and Ramana avatara
|2016||Anuroopa||Star Suvarna||Credit as Rishi|
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2013||Money Honey Shani||Shekar||Credit as Monish Nagaraj|
|2015||Aatagara||Siddharth Mayya||cameo appearance|
|2017||Operation Alamelamma||Parmesh (Purmy)||Debut as Lead Actor|||
|Sakalakala Vallabha||TBA||Post- Production|||
|Operation Alamelamma||7th SIIMA Awards||Best Debut Actor||Won|||
|Kavaludaari||Critics Choice Awards 2020||Best Actor - Kannada||Won|||
- "Operation Alamelamma movie review: Get abducted for fun and entertainment". deccanchronicle.com/. 23 July 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "As an actor, you are forced to be on your toes at all times: Rishi". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Thriller nights for Rishi". deccanchronicle.com/. 28 June 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Daithotal, Madhu (19 December 2016). "TV has a reach that even films aspire to garner: Rishi". The Times of India.
- "Rishi set to make Sandalwood debut with 'Operation Alamelamma'". The News Minute. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Rishi All Set For 'Operation Alamelamma'". Desimartini. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash. "Suni's Operation Alamelamma emerges victorious at the Sandalwood box office". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Kannada thriller 'Operation Alamelamma' theatrical rights bagged by makers of 'Raajakumara'". The News Minute. 13 May 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Namma global invasion!". deccanchronicle.com/. 13 August 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Director Suni's 'Operation Alamelamma' to release next month". The News Minute. 16 June 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Prasad S, Shyam (23 June 2017). "RISHI BAGS SECOND FILM BEFORE HIS FIRST IS OUT".
- "Rishi as police officer in thrilling Kavalu Daari". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Rishi to lead in Dhanush's Sandalwood debut". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "After Malayalam, Dhanush eyes the Kannada industry". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Rishi's next will see Dhanush's backing". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Dhanush ropes in 'Operation Alamelamma' star for Sandalwood debut". The News Minute. 10 October 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Operation alamelamma by simple Suni". The New Indian Express.
- "Rishi as police officer in thrilling Kavalu Daari". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Dhanya Balakrishna to make Kannada debut opposite Rishi". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "Pranitha Subhash and Rishi mesmerised by the beauty of Mangaluru locales". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "Sakalakala Vallabha is the title of Rishi's upcoming film directed by Jacob Varghese". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "Rishi and Rachita Ram team up for a new film". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "Yogaraj Bhat and Shashank to back Rishi's next". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "SIIMA Awards 2018 Kannada winners list". International Business Times. 16 September 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2020.
- "Critics' Choice Film Awards 2020: Complete winners list". Indian Express. Retrieved 7 July 2020.