A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Khosla holds a bachelor's degree in Economics from University College London, and a Masters in Accounting & Finance from the London School of Economics, where he was awarded a scholarship by the Economic and Social Research Council.
After leaving the LSE, he started his career in banking at ABN Amro, before joining GE Capital’s London-based business development group in 1999. Here he focused on mergers and acquisitions. During his tenure, he established an early stage tech venture fund for GE Capital, which he co-managed. He subsequently joined the family office of steel baron Lakshmi Mittal, the current president and CEO of ArcelorMittal, to manage their venture capital and private equity investments.
Khosla was one of the co-founders of Copal Amba along with his LSE classmate Joel Perlman. Copal Amba was an outsourced research company for investment banks, which was acquired by Moody's Corporation in 2014. In mid-2008, Copal Amba was ranked the Number One Investment Research and Analytics KPO in Brown and Wilson Group's annual 'Black Book of Outsourcing 2008'.
Khosla and Perlman have since founded OakNorth Holdings, a fintech firm focused on unlocking the potential in bespoke SME lending globally using its data and technology platform, OakNorth Analytical Intelligence.
OakNorth Holdings has attracted over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank Vision Fund. In its most recent round in February 2019 led by SoftBank Vision Fund, it was valued at $2.8bn.
Awards and Recognition
Khosla was named on the 2018 Maserati 100 - a list dedicated to celebrating the positive impact entrepreneurs have on the British economy and society as a whole. The list is compiled in partnership with The Sunday Times and recognises 100 game-changing entrepreneurs who are true innovators in the business world.
Khosla was named as "Business Person of the Year" at the 2018 Asian Achievers Awards.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "OakNorth Bank CEO: Hoping to overhaul the "peculiarly British disease" of small firms being overlooked by larger lenders | Business Advice". Business Advice. 2015-10-02. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "Newcomer OakNorth Bank takes on business pain points". Growth Business. 2016-08-24. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- London School of Economics Newsletter for the Supporters of LSE
- "Rishi Khosla: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Ramesh, Randeep (2006-11-06). "Analyse this: Wall Street looks to India". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Epiphany Ventures — Team". epiphanyventures.in. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Rishi Khosla, CEO of Copal Partners, an outsourced research company for the financial services sector, and won Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year Award for London and The South". www.copalamba.com. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Interview - Rishi Khosla - Alliance magazine". Alliance magazine. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Dunkley, Emma (2015-05-26). "Rishi Khosla: pioneer of challenger banking". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Dunkley, Emma (2015-05-13). "Entrepreneurs ride second wave of bank start-ups". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- World Investment Conferences Europe 2011
- Economics Times Learning on the job with LN Mittal
- "Learning on the job with LN Mittal". timesofindia-economictimes. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "The Rs 29,000-crore surprise- Business News". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Indiabulls Housing to buy 39.8% in UK's OakNorth Bank for $100M | VCCircle". www.vccircle.com. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Indian lender buys $100m OakNorth stake". Insider Media Ltd. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- ibrahimgarzon (2008-08-14), Rishi Khosla CEO of Copal Partners on CNBC, retrieved 2016-06-01
- "Copal Partners Named #1 Global Investment Research and Analytics KPO by the Black..." Reuters. 2008-07-01.
- "Copal Partners has been named the number one Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) company globally for Investment Research and Analytics | Copal Amba". www.copalamba.com. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "ACORN machine rebrands as OakNorth Analytical Intelligence". Property Funds World. 2018-10-23. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "OakNorth: AI Fuels Small Business Bank Lending | PYMNTS.com". www.pymnts.com. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "Marketplace Lending News Roundup – November 3 - Lend Academy". Lend Academy. 2018-11-03. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "OakNorth raises $440 million from SoftBank and Clermont". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "UK's OakNorth targets U.S. after $440 million SoftBank cash injection". Reuters. 2019-02-08. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Browne, Ryan (2019-02-08). "SoftBank invests in UK fintech OakNorth, giving it $2.8B valuation". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2011 Award Recipients
- Maserati. "2018 Maserati 100 - R.Khosla & J.Perlman: OakNorth | Maserati UK". www.maserati.com. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- ABPL. "2018". www.abplgroup.com. Retrieved 2018-11-14.