A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Khosla holds a bachelor's degree in Economics from University College London, and a Masters in Accounting & Finance from the London School of Economics, where he was awarded a scholarship by the Economic and Social Research Council.
After leaving the LSE, he started his career in banking at ABN Amro, before joining GE Capital’s London-based business development group in 1999. Here he focused on mergers and acquisitions. During his tenure, he established an early stage tech venture fund for GE Capital, which he co-managed. He subsequently joined the family office of steel baron Lakshmi Mittal, the current president and CEO of ArcelorMittal, to manage their venture capital and private equity investments.
Khosla was one of the co-founders of Copal Amba along with his LSE class mate Joel Perlman. Copal Amba was an outsourced research company for investment banks, which was acquired by Moody's Corporation in 2014. In mid-2008, Copal Amba was ranked the Number One Investment Research and Analytics KPO in Brown and Wilson Group's annual 'Black Book of Outsourcing 2008'. Khosla was also one of the recipients of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2011.
Khosla and Perlman have since founded ACORN OakNorth, a fintech firm focused on unlocking the potential in bespoke SME lending globally using its data and technology platform, ACORN machine.
In the UK, the firm operates as OakNorth, a challenger bank, focused on lending between £500,000 to £30m to businesses and property developers. Since its launch in September 2015, it has grown its loan book to over £1bn, and the ACORN OakNorth group has attracted £364m of investment from several investors (including: GIC, Toscafund, Coltrane, The Clermont Group and Indiabulls), valuing the company in excess of $1bn.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "OakNorth Bank CEO: Hoping to overhaul the "peculiarly British disease" of small firms being overlooked by larger lenders | Business Advice". Business Advice. 2015-10-02. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "Newcomer OakNorth Bank takes on business pain points". Growth Business. 2016-08-24. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- London School of Economics Newsletter for the Supporters of LSE
- "Rishi Khosla: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Ramesh, Randeep (2006-11-06). "Analyse this: Wall Street looks to India". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Epiphany Ventures — Team". epiphanyventures.in. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Rishi Khosla, CEO of Copal Partners, an outsourced research company for the financial services sector, and won Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year Award for London and The South". www.copalamba.com. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Interview - Rishi Khosla - Alliance magazine". Alliance magazine. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Dunkley, Emma (2015-05-26). "Rishi Khosla: pioneer of challenger banking". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Dunkley, Emma (2015-05-13). "Entrepreneurs ride second wave of bank start-ups". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- World Investment Conferences Europe 2011
- Economics Times Learning on the job with LN Mittal
- "Learning on the job with LN Mittal". timesofindia-economictimes. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "The Rs 29,000-crore surprise- Business News". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Indiabulls Housing to buy 39.8% in UK's OakNorth Bank for $100M | VCCircle". www.vccircle.com. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Indian lender buys $100m OakNorth stake". Insider Media Ltd. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- ibrahimgarzon (2008-08-14), Rishi Khosla CEO of Copal Partners on CNBC, retrieved 2016-06-01
- "Copal Partners Named #1 Global Investment Research and Analytics KPO by the Black..." Reuters. 2008-07-01.
- "Copal Partners has been named the number one Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) company globally for Investment Research and Analytics | Copal Amba". www.copalamba.com. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2011 Award Recipients
- "OakNorth posts £10.6m pre-tax profit". Specialist Banking. 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "A new CFO's account of closing a £154m institutional funding round - Real Business". Real Business. 2017-10-31. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Denham, Annabel (2018-02-14). "Oaknorth's founder is banking on challenging incumbent lenders". Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "How to maximise your chances of securing a small business loan | ByteStart". www.bytestart.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Mambu to Provide Cutting-Edge Banking Technology for OakNorth Bank". Bobsguide. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "New challenger bank OakNorth set to launch with marketing base in Manchester". Prolific North. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Singapore's GIC takes $120 million stake in Britain's OakNorth bank". U.S. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "UK's newest unicorn notches £10.6m profit for 2017 - AltFi News". AltFi. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "The Rise Of The Unicorn Challenger Bank You've Never Heard Of - OakNorth". www.forbes.com. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Browne, Ryan (2018-03-26). "UK digital bank that beat peers to an annual profit 'will go into' China — eventually". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Giving Insights: Making an impact in India". New Philanthropy Capital.
- Third Sector Home " News " Movers: Baroness Neuberger, board member, New Philanthropy Capital Movers: Baroness Neuberger, board member, New Philanthropy Capital
- New Philanthropy Capital NPC's trustees
- "NPC" (PDF). Charity Commission UK.