|Termini||Rishikesh railway station|
|Owner||Rail Vikas Nigam Limited|
|Line length||125 km (78 mi)|
|Track length||125 km (78 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Minimum radius||440 m (1,440 ft)|
|Operating speed||100 km/h (62 mph)|
|Highest elevation||825 m (2,707 ft)|
The Rishikesh–Karnaprayag Railway (Hindi: ऋषिकेश–कर्णप्रयाग रेलवे), runs from Rishikesh railway station to Karnaprayag. It is Indian Railways' proposed route for the Char Dham Railway to connect to the Chota Char Dham. It is one of the initiatives of Modi Government to counter China's expansion.
This 125 km route starts at New Rishikesh railway station at 380m AMSL and ends at Karnaprayag 825m AMSL. ₹16,200 crore 125 km project, will reduce Rishikesh to Karnaprayag travel time from 7 hours to 2 hours. It will have 16 bridges and 105 km or 85% of the project inside tunnels. A 15.1 km tunnel, reported to be the country's longest, will be built between Devprayag and Lachmoli on the route.
The design consultancy contracts for tunnel and bridge construction shall be awarded in 2018-19 and construction shall start in 2019-20. Work for the first block section from Virbhadra Railway station to New Rishikesh station commenced in June 2018.
- Char Dham Railway
- Doiwala–Dehradun–Uttarkashi–Maneri Gangotri Railway
- Uttarkashi–Palar Yamunotri Railway
- Karnaprayag–Saikot–Sonprayag Kedarnath Railway
- Saikot–Joshimath Badrinath Railway
- Diamond Quadrilateral railway project
- Golden Quadrilateral road project
- Setu Bharatam railway crossing-free flyover and underpass project
- Dangwal, Sandhya (2017-05-12). "Chardham to get rail connectivity; Indian Railways pilgrimage linking project to cost Rs 43.29 crore". India.com. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
- "Railway minister lays foundation stone for final location survey on char dham route". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
- "Coming soon: India's longest railway tunnel on Rishikesh–Karnaprayag route". Hindustan Times. 2016-09-19. Retrieved 2017-05-30.