Rising Star (American TV series)
|Developed by||Screenz Cross Media LTD|
|Presented by||Josh Groban|
|Theme music composer||Eran Prion|
|Country of origin||Israel (original version) |
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producers||Ken Warwick|
|Running time||60–120 minutes (with commercials)|
|Production company||Keshet DCP|
|Original network||ABC (U.S.)|
|Original release||June 22 –|
August 24, 2014
Rising Star was a short-lived American reality television singing competition which began airing on ABC on June 22, 2014. It was based on the international franchise series Rising Star itself based on the Israeli singing competition HaKokhav HaBa (meaning "The Next Star") made by Keshet Broadcasting Ltd. The program format lets viewers vote for contestants via mobile apps. It was filmed live in Los Angeles. The show was also carried in Canada, with advertising simultaneous substitution and voting access on CTV.
Jesse Kinch was the winner of Rising Star's first and only season with a vote of 76%. Macy Kate held the record of the highest score with 93%; she would eventually finish in ninth place. Daniel & Olivia held the record of the lowest score with 6%, and eventually finished in last place (both Macy Kate and Daniel & Olivia were in the first episode). Rising Star aired its final episode on August 24, 2014, and was cancelled shortly afterwards due to low ratings.
In contrast to other singing competition TV shows which feature a cast of celebrity judges, Rising Star featured a cast of celebrity experts and considers the viewers at home the judges. During each performance, the audience at home was able to decide in real time whether or not a contestant was sent through to the next round by using a mobile voting app.
While the viewers at home were considered the "judges", the expert panelists (Brad Paisley, Kesha, and Ludacris) also influence the vote. For the first six shows, a yes vote from one of the judges added 7% to the performer's total; this total was reduced by 2% for every show afterwards until the final episode.
Each performance began with the contestant singing behind a screen ("The Wall"). Once the contestant reached 70% of "Yes" votes, the wall was raised and the contestant advanced to the next round of the competition. Alongside the viewers' vote, three of the panelists (excluding the host) had 7% of the vote each, which would be added should they vote "Yes".
Contestants who made it through the auditions were paired by the judges to face off in a duel (in the event of an odd number of contestants making it through, the contestant who had the highest number of votes across all time zones but did not make it through the auditions was given a slot in the duels). The first contestant to sing, chosen by a coin toss before the show, sang with the wall up and set the benchmark for the second contestant. The second contestant sang with the wall down. If the second contestant surpassed the first contestant's vote total, the wall rose and the second contestant advanced to the next round while the first contestant was eliminated; if the second contestant failed to raise the wall, the second contestant was eliminated and the first contestant was sent through. Also, the losing contestant with the highest number of West Coast votes in each episode was given a save and advanced to the next round.
After the duel rounds end, 13 of the contestants that survived perform. The first 7 contestants performed with the wall up, after which the contestant with the lowest vote total was placed in the hot seat. The subsequent contestants performed with the wall down, and they had to beat the vote total of the contestant in the hot seat to raise the wall. If they succeeded in doing so, the contestant in the hot seat was eliminated, the contestant with the next lowest vote total was placed in the hot seat, and the performing contestant was provisionally qualified; otherwise, the performing contestant was eliminated if they failed to raise the wall. This continues until the six contestants with the lowest number of votes were eliminated. In addition, the eliminated contestant with the highest number of West Coast votes in each episode was given a save and was through to the next round. In this stage, each panelist's vote added 5% to the total.
Quarterfinals & Semifinals
The quarterfinals and semifinals followed the same format as the top 13, except with a few changes to the weightage of the panelists' votes and number of contestants. In the quarterfinals, eight contestants battle for six spots (including the West Coast save), and each panelist's vote counts as 3%. In the semifinals, six contestants battle for four spots (including the West Coast save), and each panelist's vote added 1% to the total.
During the finale, the four remaining contestants were paired into two preliminary duels. The first contestant sang with the wall up and set the target for the second contestant. The second contestant sang with the wall down. If the second contestant beat the target percentage, the wall rose and the contestant moved on to the final duel. However, if the second contestant's percentage was lower than the first contestant's, the wall stayed down and the contestant was eliminated. In the final duel, the two contestants that moved on faced off against each other with their second song. The same process applied for this round, except that the running vote total was not revealed and both contestants sang with the wall up. The contestant with the higher vote percentage was declared the winner of the competition; in the event of a tie, the winner would be determined by whoever had the highest number of votes during the first duel of the finale. The experts' yes vote counted as a home vote as they vote with their phones; their choices were not revealed to both the performers and the audience. People residing in the West Coast were not eligible to vote during the finale.
Due to the effects of time zones on North American broadcasting, the show aired at 9 p.m. Eastern, 8 p.m. Central, and 7 p.m. Mountain Time Zones. To accommodate the Mountain Time Zone (which usually does not carry any live programming with the Eastern and Central time zones and airs it on an hour delay), ABC rotated the usual 7 p.m. MT program, Wipeout to air at 8 p.m. MT instead out of Rising Star. Additionally, the network's affiliates in the Caribbean Sea region, including Aguadilla, Puerto Rico's WPRU-LP and WSVI in the United States Virgin Islands (which have since disaffiliated from the network) broadcast the series live, despite being an hour ahead in the Atlantic Time Zone (as they both take ABC's Eastern feed an hour ahead except during daylight saving in which Eastern Time is at the same time as in the Atlantic Time Zone for these regions due to not observing daylight saving time.).
In the state of Arizona (except for the Navajo Nation), which does not observe Daylight Saving Time, the program aired live at 6 p.m. local time. For Pacific and Alaskan time zone viewers, a dedicated feed was provided to show real-time voting particular to these viewers and a comparison to how the earlier time zones voted. In an instance where a contestant who didn't pass based on viewers from the Eastern, Central, and Mountain Time Zones, yet ends up faring better with the Pacific and Alaskan time zones, the contestant would pass. In addition, a "West Coast save" was given to the losing contestant with the highest number of West Coast votes in the post-audition rounds, except for the finale.
As Alaska is one hour before the Pacific Time Zone, and programming normally airs similar to Central and Mountain time, Alaskans was able to participate live as well. However, residents of Hawaii were unable to participate since Hawaii time is two hours behind Pacific Time (or three when daylight saving time is observed in Pacific Time). Likewise, viewers in the other western insular islands such as American Samoa, Guam and Northern Mariana Islands had no means to participate whatsoever, as network programming on the affiliates of those islands is usually delayed by a day as it would be early morning if it did air live.
During West Coast broadcasts, live cut-ins to show reactions of contestants who passed only with West Coast viewers were displayed. There was no revocation of "pass" status if West Coast viewers rejected a contestant during the initial audition rounds. ABC stated that the chances of the West Coast differing substantially from other viewers was statistically small; however, in weeks 8 and 9 of the competition, West Coast votes differed enough from East Coast votes that contestants Maneepat Myra Molloy and Audrey Kate Geiger were saved over other contestants who had higher totals on the East Coast.
For CTV viewers in Canada, broadcasts originally followed the ABC model through all time zones, but switched partway through the season so all CTV stations across Canada aired the show live with the Eastern feed.
- Artist advanced to the next round
- Artist was initially eliminated, but received enough votes from viewers in the Pacific and Alaska time zones to advance
- Artist was initially eliminated, but was selected as a wildcard due to having the highest combined voting percentage across all time zones
- Artist was eliminated
- Voting percentage in Eastern/Central/Mountain time zones
- Voting percentage in Pacific/Alaska time zones
Week 1 (aired June 22, 2014)
|1||Joshua Peavy||28||Soperton, Georgia||"(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|2||Lisa Punch||21||Brooklyn, New York||"How Will I Know"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|3||Maneepat Molloy||16||Los Angeles, California||"Time to Say Goodbye"||✔||✔||✗||Advanced|
|4||Daniel & Olivia||24- 25||San Gabriel Valley, California||"Counting Stars"||✗||✗||✗||Eliminated|
|5||Jesse Kinch||20||Seaford, New York||"I Put a Spell on You"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|6||Beyond 5||16-19||Nashville, Tennessee||"Wake Me Up"||✔||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|7||Sarah Darling||31||Nashville, Tennessee||"Merry Go 'Round"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|8||Colin Huntley||16||Houston, Texas||"Sing"||✗||✗||✗||Eliminated|
|9||Summer Collins||18||Fayetteville, North Carolina||"Classic"||✗||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|10||Macy Kate||16||St. Petersburg, Florida||"Me and My Broken Heart"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
Week 2 (aired June 29, 2014)
|1||Shameia Crawford||30||Atlanta, Georgia||"We Are Young"||✔||✔||✔||Saved|
|2||April Lockhart||18||Warren, New Jersey||"Say You'll Be There"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|3||Austin French||20||Tifton, Georgia||"Georgia on My Mind"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|5||Alice Lee||25||Chicago, Illinois||"You and I"||✗||✔||✔||Advanced|
|6||Rye Davis||25||Pig, Kentucky||"When You Say Nothing at All"||✗||✗||✗||Eliminated|
|7||Sonnet Simmons||33||Los Angeles, California||"Wicked Game"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|8||Deedra Ervin||20||Belle Haven, Virginia||"Anything Could Happen"||✗||✗||✗||Eliminated|
|9||Will Roth||24||Watauga, Texas||"Sweater Weather"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|10||Egypt Dixon||18||Texarkana, Texas||"Fancy"||✗||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|11||Adam Jaymes||23||Palmdale, California||"I Won't Give Up"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|12||Megan Tibbits||26||Caro, Michigan||"All of Me"||✔||✔||✗||Saved|
Week 3 (aired July 6, 2014)
|1||Dana Williams||25||Los Angeles, California||"Stay"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|2||Unselfish||23-25||Atlanta, Georgia||"Some Nights"||✗||✔||✗||Wildcard|
|3||Cliff Cody||39||Somerset, Ohio||"I'm Gonna Be Somebody"||✔||✗||✗||Eliminated|
|4||Audrey Kate Geiger||24||New York City, New York||"Stay with Me"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|5||OhMG||20 & 25||Los Angeles, California||"Lights"||✗||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|6||Gabrielle Nicole||20||Cleveland, Ohio||"My Man"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|7||Karen Hornsby||36||Jacksonville, Florida||"To Love You More"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|8||TX3||23||Chester, Illinois||"Keep Your Head Up"||✗||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|9||Skye Griffin||26||Houston, Texas||"Only Girl (in the World)"||✗||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|10||Morgan Higgins||17||San Clemente, California||"Alone"||✗||✔||✔||Advanced|
The Duels (July 13–27, 2014)
|Sarah Darling||"I Hope You Dance"||✔||✗||✗||Eliminated|
|3||Will Roth||"Wrecking Ball"||✔||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|Jesse Kinch||"Whipping Post"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|1||Gabrielle Nicole||"River Deep – Mountain High"||✔||✔||✔||Eliminated|
|2||Sonnet Simmons||"Feeling Good"||✔||✔||✔||Saved|
|3||Austin French||"I Don't Want To Be"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|Adam Jaymes||"Free Fallin'"||✔||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|1||Morgan Higgins||"The Edge of Glory"||✔||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|2||Shameia Crawford||"Cry Me a River"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|3||Dana Williams||"Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow"||✗||✔||✔||Saved|
|Audrey Kate Geiger||"Make You Feel My Love"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|4||Karen Hornsby||"(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman"||✔||✔||✔||Eliminated|
|Joshua Peavy||"Too Close"||✔||✗||✔||Advanced|
Top 13 (August 3, 2014)
During this round, an expert's vote added 5% to the total percentage; the eight contestants with the highest voting percentages (including the West Coast save) advanced to the next round, while the other five were eliminated.
|1||Macy Kate||"Who Knew"||✔||✔||✔||Eliminated|
|2||Shameia Crawford||"Next to Me"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|3||Joshua Peavy||"How Am I Supposed to Live Without You"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|7||Alice Lee||"The Story"||✗||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|8||Jesse Kinch||"Seven Nation Army"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|10||Lisa Punch||"Girl on Fire"||✔||✔||✔||Eliminated|
|11||Audrey Kate Geiger||"The Big Bang"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|12||Austin French||"If I Ain't Got You"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|13||Sonnet Simmons||"Young and Beautiful"||✗||✗||✗||Eliminated|
Week 8: Quarterfinals (August 10, 2014)
In this round, the experts' votes added 3% to the total vote percentage. The two contestants with the lowest voting percentages were eliminated.
|1||Joshua Peavy||"American Woman"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|3||April Lockhart||"Girls Just Want To Have Fun"||✗||✔||✗||Eliminated|
|4||Maneepat Molloy||"Your Song"||✗||✔||✗||Saved|
|5||Audrey Kate Geiger||"New York State of Mind"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|6||Austin French||"The House Of The Rising Sun"||✔||✔||✔||Advanced|
|8||Jesse Kinch||"Money (That's What I Want)"||✗||✔||✔||Advanced|
Week 9: Semifinals (August 17, 2014)
In this round, the experts' votes added 1% to the total vote percentage; the four contestants with the highest voting percentages (including the West Coast save) advanced to the final. This was the last round where people living in the Pacific and Alaskan time zones were eligible to vote.
|1||Austin French||"Love Runs Out"||✔||✔||✔||Finalist|
|3||Jesse Kinch||"Billie Jean"||✔||✔||✔||Finalist|
|4||Dana Williams||"Sunday Morning"||✔||✔||✔||Finalist|
|5||Audrey Kate Geiger||"Killing Me Softly with His Song"||✔||✔||✔||Finalist|
|6||Joshua Peavy||"What Hurts the Most"||✔||✔||✗||Eliminated|
Week 10: Finals (August 24, 2014)
During the finale, the experts voted on their phones, making theirs count as equal to a home judge's vote, as well as keeping their votes secret from the performers and the audience. People residing in the Pacific and Alaskan time zones were not eligible to vote in the finale, and as a result, voting was only open to those residing in the Eastern, Central, and Mountain time zones.
|1||Dana Williams||"At Last"||4th place|
|Jesse Kinch||"Fortunate Son"||Grand Final|
|2||Austin French||"In Love with a Girl"||Grand Final|
|Audrey Kate Geiger||"Love Me Like a Man"||3rd place|
|3||Jesse Kinch||"Love, Reign o'er Me"||Winner|
|Austin French||"Bless the Broken Road"||Runner-up|
|Artist||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10|
|Jesse Kinch||92% / 92%||N/A||N/A||90% / 89%||N/A||N/A||88% / 87%||88% / 88%||83% / 83%||87%||76%|
|Austin French||N/A||87% / 85%||N/A||N/A||81% / 79%||N/A||86% / 83%||89% / 86%||81% / 78%||70%||61%|
|Audrey Kate Geiger||N/A||N/A||84% / 84%||N/A||N/A||88% / 86%||65% / 62%||85% / 85%||69% / 68%||49%||Eliminated (Week 10)|
|Dana Williams||N/A||N/A||87% / 84%||N/A||N/A||67% / 69%||60% / 65%||57% / 60%||75% / 75%||30%|
|Joshua Peavy||87% / 83%||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||75% / 74%||85% / 83%||71% / 67%||72% / 67%||Eliminated (Week 9)|
|Maneepat Molloy||73% / 75%||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||66% / 66%||69% / 70%||46% / 55%||27% / 34%|
|Shameia Crawford||N/A||69% / 71%||N/A||N/A||N/A||70% / 73%||76% / 76%||54% / 54%||Eliminated (Week 8)|
|April Lockhart||N/A||85% / 85%||N/A||N/A||76% / 76%||N/A||71% / 73%||27% / 30%|
|Macy Kate||93% / 91%||N/A||N/A||N/A||80% / 80%||N/A||60% / 61%||Eliminated (Week 7)|
|Lisa Punch||80% / 78%||N/A||N/A||66% / 67%||N/A||N/A||59% / 63%|
|Alice Lee||N/A||73% / 74%||N/A||69% / 68%||N/A||N/A||40% / 42%|
|Megan Tibbits||N/A||68% / 70%||N/A||71% / 69%||N/A||N/A||32% / 31%|
|Sonnet Simmons||N/A||81% / 80%||N/A||N/A||73% / 73%||N/A||30% / 30%|
|Karen Hornsby||N/A||N/A||82% / 79%||N/A||N/A||67% / 66%||Eliminated (Week 6)|
|Morgan Higgins||N/A||N/A||79% / 77%||N/A||N/A||45% / 45%|
|Unselfish||N/A||N/A||46% / 48%||N/A||N/A||33% / 30%|
|Adam Jaymes||N/A||87% / 88%||N/A||N/A||53% / 56%||Eliminated (Week 5)|
|Gabrielle Nicole||N/A||N/A||90% / 89%||N/A||49% / 51%|
|Sarah Darling||89% / 86%||N/A||N/A||69% / 67%||Eliminated (Week 4)|
|Will Roth||N/A||83% / 82%||N/A||56% / 57%|
|Cliff Cody||N/A||N/A||49% / 44%||Eliminated (Week 3)|
|OhMG||N/A||N/A||33% / 35%|
|Skye Griffin||N/A||N/A||28% / 29%|
|TX3||N/A||N/A||22% / 25%|
|Rye Davis||N/A||46% / 43%||Eliminated (Week 2)|
|Egypt Dixon||N/A||44% / 45%|
|Trinitii||N/A||30% / 35%|
|Deedra Ervin||N/A||26% / 29%|
|Beyond 5||46% / 44%||Eliminated (Week 1)|
|Summer Collins||40% / 37%|
|Colin Huntley||38% / 40%|
|Daniel & Olivia||6% / 17%|
- Note: Voting percentages are listed in order of those in the Eastern/Central/Mountain time zones, followed by those in the Pacific/Alaska time zones (except for the final week).
- Blue numbers indicate the highest voting percentage for each week.
- Red numbers indicate the lowest voting percentage for each week.
- The performer was eliminated that week.
- The performer was initially eliminated but was later saved by having the highest voting percentage in the Pacific/Alaska time zones.
-  The performer was initially eliminated but was saved by having the highest combined voting percentages across all time zones (due to an odd number of performers qualifying).
- The performer won Rising Star.
- The performer was the runner-up.
- The performer placed third.
- The performer placed fourth.
Contestants who appeared on other shows
- Maneepat Molloy was the winner of the first season of Thailand's Got Talent
- Joshua Peavy later appeared on the 2017 revival of Showtime at the Apollo, receiving a positive response from the audience.
U.S. Nielsen ratings
|Show||Episode||Original air date||Rating
|1||Qualifiers Episode 1||June 22, 2014||1.5||5||5.20||2||9||21|
|2||Qualifiers Episode 2||June 29, 2014||1.2||4||4.85||2||19|
|3||Qualifiers Episode 3||July 6, 2014||1.2||4||4.32|
|4||Duels Episode 1||July 13, 2014||1.4||4||4.80|
|5||Duels Episode 2||July 20, 2014||1.0||3||4.06|
|6||Duels Episode 3||July 27, 2014||0.9||3||3.76|
|7||The Round of Thirteen||August 3, 2014||0.9||3||3.73|
|8||Quarterfinals||August 10, 2014||0.7||3||3.17|
|9||Semifinals||August 17, 2014||0.8||2||3.22|
|10||Finals||August 24, 2014||1.0||3||3.57|
Season Averages: 1.1 demo and 4.08 million viewers
- "ABC's 'Rising Star' Juggles Time Zones to Allow For Live Voting". Variety. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "RISING STAR App Now Available from CTV.ca as Canadians Invited to Judge New Interactive Music Competition Series, Premiering Sunday" (Press release). CNW. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "ABC's 'Rising Star' Judges Explain Why This Singing Competition Will Be Different". TheWrap. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "ABC's 'Rising Star' Trailer: You're the Judge of the New Singing Competition". Variety. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "ABC's 'Rising Star' to Include Kesha, Ludacris, Josh Groban and Brad Paisley". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "ABC's 'Rising Star' team revealed: Ke$ha, Ludacris, Groban join music competition". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "'Rising Star' trailer: Ludacris is tired of waiting for results". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- Littleton, Cynthia. "ABC's 'Rising Star' Juggles Time Zones to Allow For Live Voting". Variety.
- "'Rising Star' Producers Consulted Mathematicians Over Time Zone Dilemma". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "'Rising Star' Producers On How Interactive Talent Show Will Tackle U.S.' 4 Time Zones". Deadline Hollywood.
- "Unselfish Moves On to the Next Round". Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (June 24, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Wipeout' Adjusted Up". Archived from the original on June 27, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (June 24, 2014). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'America's Got Talent' Tops Week 39 With Adults 18-49 and With Total Viewers". Archived from the original on June 28, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 1, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Wipeout' Adjusted Up; 'Reckless' Adjusted Down". Archived from the original on July 7, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 1, 2014). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Big Brother' Tops Week 40 With Adults 18-49 and With Total Viewers". Archived from the original on July 7, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "TV Ratings Sunday: 'Big Brother' & 'Rising Star' Steady, 'Reckless' Up, 'Unforgettable' Down, 'Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour' Low - Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-12. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "TV Ratings Sunday: 'Big Brother', 'Wipeout', 'Rising Star' & 'Unforgettable' Rise; 'Reckless' Flat - Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-15. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "TV Ratings Sunday: 'Rising Star' Hits Low, 'Big Brother & 'Wipeout' Down, 'Unforgettable' & 'Reckless' Up - Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-29. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "Ratings - Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Viewers, Demos for Second Straight Week". TheFutonCritic.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-30. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 4, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Wipeout' & 'Big Brother' Adjusted Up + Final PGA Championship Ratings". Archived from the original on August 8, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-04.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Wipeout' & 'Big Brother' Adjusted Up + Final PGA Championship Ratings". Archived from the original on 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- Bibel, Sara (August 19, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Big Brother' & 'Wipeout' Adjusted Up & Final Football Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on August 21, 2014. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "abcs-rising-star-finale-is-up-for-the-2nd-straight-week-in-adults-18-49". TV by the Numbers. August 26, 2014. Archived from the original on August 27, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2014.