Rising Star Academy
|Rising Star Academy|
4613 Cottage Place
Union City, NJ 07087
|Enrollment||196 (as of 2015-16, plus 14 in PreK)|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.7:1|
As of the 2015-16 school year, the school had an enrollment of 196 students (plus 14 in PreK) and 22.5 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 8.7:1. The school's student body was 96.4% White, 2.0% Hispanic and 1.5% Black.
Rising Star Academy opened in Union City, New Jersey in September 2009 by the North Hudson Islamic Educational Center, a Sunni Muslim mosque established in 1992 in Union City. The mosque's 2,000 member congregation includes approximately 500 Latino converts from other religions, such as Catholicism.
The school received accreditation from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools in May 2016. The accreditation was effective December 2016 for a seven-year period.
- "RISING STAR ACADEMY". Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- School data for Rising Star Academy, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed October 20, 2017.
- Cusido, Carmen. "Embracing Islam", New Jersey Monthly, February 8, 2010.
- http://www.rsanj.org/rsa/About%20Us/Middle%20States%20Accreditation/, Rising Star Academy, May 2, 2016. Accessed November 5, 2017.
- Rising Star Academy, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools. Accessed November 5, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rising Star Academy.|
|This Islam-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Jersey school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|