Rising Sun (yacht)
|Length||138 m (452 ft 9 in)|
|Installed power||4 × MTU 20V 8000 M90 diesel engines 36,000 kW (48,000 hp)|
|Speed||28 knots (52 km/h; 32 mph)|
Rising Sun is a motor yacht designed by Jon Bannenberg, and built in 2004 by Germany's Lürssen at their Bremen shipyard for Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle Corporation, and last refitted in 2007. Rising Sun has been owned since 2010 by David Geffen, who had bought a half share of the yacht initially in late 2006.
A gym, a basketball court, a wine cellar and a movie theater are among the yacht's 82 rooms.
W magazine listed some of the guests on Geffen's yacht: Leonardo DiCaprio, Bruce Springsteen, Gayle King, Julia Roberts, Maria Shriver, Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg, JJ Abrams, Martin Short, Diane Sawyer, Diane von Furstenberg, Karlie Kloss, Peter Harrington-Cressman, Jen Meyer, Josh Kushner, and Sir Paul McCartney.
- Fleet, Yacht Charter. "RISING SUN Yacht - Lurssen | Yacht Charter Fleet". www.yachtcharterfleet.com. Retrieved 2020-11-13.
- "Billionaires vacation: Jeff Bezos and Lloyd Blankfein on 138m superyacht Rising Sun". Yacht Harbour. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
- "10 of the most outstanding luxury yachts". www.cbsnews.com.
- Brooke Marine (5 August 2018). "Which Media Mogul's Yacht Has Had More Famous People On It?". W (magazine). Retrieved 28 March 2020.
Diane Sawyer, Paul McCartney, and Bruce Springsteen are just a few of the talent to grace the 454-foot deck of Geffen’s "Rising Sun" (which also reportedly has a basketball court, by the way)
- Liz Flynn. "A Closer Look at David Geffen's Yacht Rising Sun". Money Inc. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
45 crew members
- "David Geffen: Net Worth, House, Private Jet and yacht Rising Sun". superyachtfan.com. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Luscombe, Richard (28 March 2020). "Billionaire David Geffen criticized for tone-deaf self-isolation post". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "David Geffen Feeling Heat Over Quarantine Pic From His 450-ft. Yacht!!!". tmz.com. 28 March 2020. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Brown, Abram (28 March 2020). "Long Live David Geffen, Yachtmaster And New King Of Tone-Deaf Instagram Posts". Forbes. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rising Sun (yacht).|