|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Focus||Financial risk management|
|Origins||Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland|
|Luis A Seco, Director|
RiskLab is a laboratory that conducts research in financial risk management. The first was created in 1994 at Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich in Zurich, Switzerland. In 1996, another one was created independently at the University of Toronto, this time sponsored by the private company Algorithmics Incorporated.
Shortly afterwards, and also in partnership with Algorithmics Inc, others were created in Munich (1997), at Cornell University (1998), at Cambridge University (1998), at the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (2000), and at the Cyprus International Institute of Management, in Nicosia (2001). Risklab China Research Center was also created in 2006. Further, in 2013, a Finnish section of Risklab was independently created at Åbo Akademi University in Turku and Arcada University of Applied Sciences in Helsinki. In 2010, growing out of the RiskLab international network, RiskLabs built the strategic alliance named RiskLab Global. The ethos of all existing RiskLabs is a fusion of academic research, industrial innovation and governmental oversight in financial risk management.
RiskLab-Toronto, a divisional center at the University of Toronto at Mississauga (UTM), was featured in Research Means Business, a directory of "cutting-edge research leading to industrial innovation and the creation of new business enterprises".
In October 2007, The RiskLab was awarded the NSERC Synergy Award for Innovation. The award was delivered by Dr. Colin Carrie, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Industry, on behalf of the Honourable Jim Prentice, Minister of Industry and Minister responsible for the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), and by Dr. Suzanne Fortier, President of NSERC.
Global Organization Structure
- Luis A. Seco, Professor of Mathematics, University of Toronto; Director of RiskLab - Toronto; President and CEO of Sigma Analysis and Management Ltd.
- Desheng Dash WU, Ph.D., Affiliate Professor and Managing Director, RiskLab - Toronto, Director of Risklab China Research Center.
- Marcos Escobar, Marcos Escobar Añel, Associate Professor, Ryerson University
- Pablo Olivares, Assistant Professor, Ryerson University
- Sebastian Ferrando, Professor, Ryerson University
- RiskLab - Zurich
- RiskLab - Toronto
- RiskLab Toronto at the University of Toronto
- RiskLab - Germany
- RiskLab - Madrid
- List of the NSERC Synergy Award Winners
- Risklab China Research Center
- RiskLab Global Forum
- RiskLab Global Great China Division Event
- RiskLab China Event
- RiskLab Global Chicago Section
- RiskLab Global Nebraska Section
- Risklab Finland