Location of Ristiina in Finland
|Part of Mikkeli city||2013-01-01|
|• Municipal manager||Virpi Siekkinen|
|• Total||742.02 km2 (286.50 sq mi)|
|• Land||566.15 km2 (218.59 sq mi)|
|• Water||175.87 km2 (67.90 sq mi)|
|Population (31 December 2012)|
|• Density||8.58/km2 (22.2/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Ristiina (in Swedish also known as Kristina) was a municipality of Finland. It was founded in 1649 and it was named after Kristina Stenbock, the wife of Governor General and Count Per Brahe. From the beginning of the year 2013 is a part of Mikkeli city.
Ristiina is located in the province of Eastern Finland and is part of the Southern Savonia region. The municipality has a population of 4,856 (31 December 2012) and covers an area of 742.02 square kilometres (286.50 sq mi) of which 175.87 km2 (67.90 sq mi) is water. The population density is 8.5772/km2 (22.2149/sq mi).
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2012" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Archived from the original on 3 October 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.[permanent dead link]
- Kotimaisten kielten tutkimuskeskus :: Kuntien nimet Archived 2011-12-23 at the Wayback Machine.
Media related to Ristiina at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Ristiina – Official website (in Finnish)
|This Eastern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|