Risto Mejide in 2016
Ricardo Mejide Roldán
29 November 1974
|Occupation||Publicist, author, music producer, songwriter, talent show judge, and TV presenter|
Laura Escanes (m. 2017)
Risto Mejide Roldán (born 29 November 1974 in Barcelona), formerly named Ricardo Mejide Roldán, is a Spanish publicist, author, music producer, talent show judge, TV presenter and songwriter, best known as a judge on the television talent shows Operación Triunfo, Tú sí que vales , Got Talent España and Factor X, the four of them aired on Telecinco.
Mejide joined the jury of Operación Triunfo on its fifth series and became known for his harsh comments, which often offended the contestants. He has been compared to Simon Cowell. In 2008 Mejide published his first book, El Pensamiento Negativo ("The Negative Thinking"). In 2009 he began to work as a songwriter and music producer, associating himself with Labuat.
In 2009, Mejide began to host his own show, titled G-20, on Telecinco, but it was cancelled shortly after its premiere due to low ratings. In 2011 he joined the jury of Tú sí que vales.
In 2014, he hosted three seasons of talk show Viajando con Chester on Cuatro. The show was renewed for a fourth season, but Mejide was replaced by journalist Pepa Bueno as his contract with Mediaset España terminated. A month later he was hired by Atresmedia, Mediaset's main competitor. In 2015, Mejide hosted two seasons of talk show Al rincón de pensar on Antena 3.
In 2016, Mejide was rehired by Mediaset España. Mejide joined the jury of talent show Got Talent España on its second season. He also hosts talk show Chester in Love on Cuatro. In 2017, a dating show hosted by Mejide and titled All You Need Is Love... O No premiered on Telecinco. In 2018, he joined the jury on talent show Factor X.
On 20 May 2017, Mejide got married with Laura Escanes, twenty years younger, in the masía Mas Cabanyes, in Argentona, in the presence of 450 guests. Both appeared in the TV program Planeta Calleja presented by Jesús Calleja
- Ecoteuve (26 December 2012). "Los nombres reales que los famosos ocultan: descubrimos su verdadera identidad". El Economista (in Spanish). Editorial Ecoprensa, S.A. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Functional and sector-specific clubs". ESADE. Ramon Llull University. p. 30. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Spain". ESADE. Ramon Llull University. p. 223. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- Catan, Thomas (April 18, 2008). "Spanish pop judge is even ruder than Simon Cowell". Times Online. Madrid. Archived from the original on 27 July 2008. Retrieved May 22, 2010.
- Domènech, Albert (20 May 2017). "Risto Mejide y Laura Escanes, una historia de amor bajo presión". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). Barcelona. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- Clarós, Isabel (21 May 2017). "Risto Mejide y Laura Escanes se dan el 'sí, quiero'". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Avance de 'Planeta Calleja' con Risto Mejide y Laura Escanes". Bekia (in Spanish). Noxvo. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Risto Mejide.|
|This Spanish biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|