Rita Blanca National Grassland
|Rita Blanca National Grassland|
IUCN category VI (protected area with sustainable use of natural resources)
|Location||Dallam County, Texas and Cimarron County, Oklahoma, United States|
|Nearest city||Dalhart, Texas|
|Area||92,989 acres (37,631 ha)|
|Governing body||U.S. Forest Service|
|Website||Kiowa and Rita Blanca National Grasslands|
Rita Blanca National Grassland is a National Grassland on the Great Plains. It is located in northern Dallam County, Texas, in the Texas Panhandle, and in southern Cimarron County, Oklahoma, in the western Oklahoma Panhandle.
The grassland is administered by the Cibola National Forest, along with the Great Plains Black Kettle National Grassland, Kiowa National Grassland, and McClellan Creek National Grassland, and forest ranger districts in New Mexico. The Cibola National Forest headquarters are located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. There are local ranger district offices located in Clayton, New Mexico.
- "Rita Blanca National Grassland". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "Land Areas of the National Forest System". U.S. Forest Service. January 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "Cibola National Forest and National Grasslands". U.S. Forest Service. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "Kiowa and Rita Blanca National Grasslands". U.S. Forest Service. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- Media related to Rita Blanca National Grassland at Wikimedia Commons
- Kiowa and Rita Blanca National Grasslands
|This article related to a protected area in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|