The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
|The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong|
The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong is on the top 16 floors of the International Commerce Centre.
|Location||International Commerce Centre, West Kowloon
|Opening||29 March 2011|
|Owner||Sun Hung Kai Properties|
|Management||Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Sun Hung Kai Properties|
|Number of rooms||312|
|Number of restaurants||3|
|The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong official website|
Offering 312 rooms, it occupies the 102nd to 118th floors of the Sun Hung Kai Properties-owned International Commerce Centre, making it the world's highest hotel. The hotel features both a bar and a pool located on the 118th floor, which are the highest bar and swimming pool in the world, at 484 metres (1,588 ft) above ground level.
The 2,800 m2 or 30,000 sq ft Presidential Suite is on the 117th floor. The hotel's arrival lobby is on the 9th floor where guests are greeted by receptionists and taken to express elevators. The express elevators take guests 425 m (1,394 ft) above the ground in 50 seconds to the main lobby on the 103rd floor. Guest keycards are required to use the hotel elevators to access the hotel rooms on floors 104–117 and the swimming pool and gym on floor 118. An exclusive club lounge for guests staying in club rooms and suites is located on floor 118 along with the spa.
Three restaurants, Tosca (an Italian restaurant), Chinese restaurant Tin Lung Heen are located one floor below reception on floor 102, while CAFÉ 103 is on floor 103.
Tin Lung Heen has been given two michelin stars.
The hotel is targeting a 60% occupancy rate.
- Architecture of Hong Kong
- List of hotels in Hong Kong
- List of tallest hotels in the world
- Sky100, a 360-degree indoor observation deck on the 100th floor of the International Commerce Centre
- "The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong: The world's highest hotel opens". cnngo.com. 29 March 2011.
- Press release (undated). "The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong Will Cease Operations January 1, 2008, Future Properties Now Under Development in Macau and Kowloon" (archive). The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Li, Zoe (29 March 2011). "The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong: The World's Highest Hotel Opens – Almost 500 Meters Above Ground and Offering a Very Cozy Lap of Luxury, the Newest Ritz-Carlton Certainly Impresses". CNN. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Maggie Hiufu Wong (3 November 2014). "Michelin: Hong Kong 'undisputed leader' in international cuisine". CNN.
- "Chef Pino Sees Red at Tosca The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong". Yahoo. 5 August 2014.
- "Hotel Information". The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, Kowloon.|
- Li, Zoe (11 August 2010). "High at the Ritz: Unrivalled Views at the World's Tallest Hotel – We Managed to Survive the Incredible Vertigo Inspired by the Sky-High, Panoramic Vistas at the Yet-to-Open Ritz Carlton Hong Kong – Just". CNN. Retrieved 12 August 2014.