|Locale||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Camden, New Jersey|
|Transit type||Passenger ferry|
|Operator||Delaware River Port Authority|
|No. of lines||1|
|No. of vessels||2|
|No. of terminals||2|
The RiverLink Ferry is a passenger ferry service in the United States. The ferry crosses the Delaware River, connecting the Camden waterfront, in the state of New Jersey, with Penn's Landing, in the city of Philadelphia and the state of Pennsylvania. The ferry operates daily from May through September, and on Fridays through Sundays in April and October. Primarily, the system provides tourists with a means to reach waterfront attractions. The service carries over 200,000 passengers per year and first turned a profit in 2006.
The ferry service initiated operations in March 1992. Since April 1, 2000, the service has been operated by the Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA). The DRPA originally agreed to take over its operation in November 1999. Service is provided by Freedom Ferry, a 600-passenger vessel managed by Hornblower Marine Services. On June 3, 2005, Hornblower also began offering Delaware River ferry tours under the name "Harbor Tours."
In 2000, the United States Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration provided a grant of $1,306,500 for the purchase and conversion of a second vessel. This vessel, which became the Freedom Ferry, began operating in 2003 and eventually replaced the original vessel.
On October 31, 2005, the DRPA announced it had received federal funding of $7.3 million for improvements to the ferry's dock in Philadelphia, comprising $3.3 million up front plus $1 million a year for four years.
- Adults - $7.00
- Seniors (65+) - $6.00
- Children (3-12) - $6.00
- Children (under 3) - Free
- Groups (15 or more) - $5.50
All fares listed are for round trips.
- Official brochure, accessed July 7, 2010
- "DRPA pairs tourism with transportation", Philadelphia Business Journal, September 7, 2001
- "A first: Tourist ferry glides into the black", Philadelphia Business Journal, March 10, 2006
- "Philly Ferry Crews Stick With Seafarers", www.seafarers.org, accessed September 1, 2007
- DRPA History Timeline, accessed September 1, 2007
- "Delaware River ferries crossing more frequently", Philadelphia Business Journal, March 10, 2005
- Horn Blower Marine Conventional Ferries, accessed September 1, 2007
- "New Delaware River ferry tours set to begin", Philadelphia Business Journal, May 31, 2005
- "FY 2000 Ferry Boat Discretionary (FBD) Program Awards", www.fhwa.dot.gov, accessed September 1, 2007
- "DRPA gets more than $12M in federal funds", Philadelphia Business Journal, October 31, 2005