River Avenue Skate Park
|River Avenue Skate Park|
|Location||Bronx, New York|
|Area||10,000 Sq Ft|
|Created||New York City Department of Parks and Recreation|
|Public transit access||B, D train to 161st Yankee Stadium Station|
The River Ave Skate Park is built on the site of a former Yankee Stadium parking lot. The River Ave Skate Park is part of River Avenue Parks, a series of parks built to offset the public space lost in Macombs Dam Park during the construction of Yankee stadium. The annual Battle For The Bronx Contest is hosted at the park.
- "River Avenue Parks Skate Parks : NYC Parks". www.nycgovparks.org. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
- "Yankee Stadium Redevelopment Project : NYC Parks". www.nycgovparks.org. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
- "River Avenue Skateboarding Contest". Bronx Times. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
- "NYCSK8 — Where to Skate: Skateparks". www.skatecity.com. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
- "City's Best Skate Parks Let Boarders Escape the Daily Grind". DNAinfo New York. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
- SemiColonWeb; SemiColonWeb. "River Ave Skate Park Bronx". skateboard.com.au. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
- Skateboarding, N. Y. (2017-06-30). "Tomorrow: Battle For The Bronx Contest (2017)". NYSkateboarding.com. Retrieved 2019-11-24.
|This skateboarding-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|