River Battle entrance
|Model||Splash Battle, interactive boat ride|
|Length||500 ft (150 m)|
|Capacity||800 riders per hour|
|Boats||8 boats. Riders are arranged 4 across in 2 rows for a total of 8 riders per boat.|
River Battle is a Splash Battle, an interactive water raft ride at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The ride is located behind the Mystery Mine roller coaster in the Wilderness Pass section of the park. It opened on March 21, 2008.
In July 2007, Dollywood announced the addition of River Battle for the following year. The project also included a 750-foot (230 m) walkway called Wilderness Pass to provide a direct route between Craftsman's Valley and Timber Canyon. The ride officially opened on March 21, 2008.
River Battle was the fourth Interactive Boat Rides developed by German firm, Mack Rides. Similar rides, known as Splash Battles, were previously built by 3DBA. Riders of River Battle board one of eight boats which each seat 8 passengers and slowly float around a 500-foot (150 m) course. Riders must shoot at the other boats and more than 100 targets along their way. The ride boasts an hourly capacity of 800 passengers.
- "River Battle". Dollywood. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- Dollywood (July 19, 2007). "Dollywood announces $5 million River Battle ride". Press Release. CoasterBuzz. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- "Let Battle commence!". Park World Online. September 23, 2008. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- Dollywood (2008). "Dollywood Theme Park Reopens for 2008 with New River Battle Ride". Press Release. Orlando Florida. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- Mellor, Andrew (March 14, 2012). "Dollywood: celebrating nearly 30 years". Interpark. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- "Interactive Boat Ride". Mack Rides. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- "Splash Battle". 3DBA. Retrieved June 23, 2012.