Derby City Rovers
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Derby City Rovers|
|Stadium||Woehrle Sports Complex|
|Head Coach||Lee Chalmers|
|League||Premier Development League|
|2016||3rd, Great Lakes Division
Derby City Rovers is an American semi-professional soccer team based in Louisville, Kentucky, United States. Derby City is also known for their elite-level youth teams that play in local, state, regional and national leagues. Founded in 2010 as the River City Rovers, the team plays in the Premier Development League (PDL), the fourth tier of the American Soccer Pyramid, in the Great Lakes Division of the Central Conference.
The team plays its home games at the Woehrle Sports Complex located in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The team's colors are blue, white and gold.
River City Rovers was announced as a USL Premier Development League expansion franchise on November 18, 2010. They played their first competitive game on May 19, 2011, a 0-0 tie with fellow expansion team Akron Summit Assault. In May 2014 the club became the Derby City Rovers.
|Year||Division||League||Regular Season||Playoffs||Open Cup|
|2011||4||PDL||9th, Great Lakes||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
|2012||4||PDL||3rd, Great Lakes||Division Semi-Final *||Did not qualify|
|2013||4||PDL||7th, Great Lakes||Did not qualify||1st Round|
|2014||4||PDL||6th, South Atlantic||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
|2015||4||PDL||7th, South Atlantic||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
|2016||4||PDL||3rd, Great Lakes||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
* Although Rovers qualified for post season play, they ceded the match that was to be played 7/17/2012 to Forest City London.
- Lee Chalmers (2015–present)
- Tyrone Marshall (2014)
- Woehrle Athletic Complex; Jeffersonville, IN (2014–present)
- "River City Rovers Join USL PDL". uslsoccer.com. United Soccer Leagues. November 18, 2010.
- "Akron Summit Assault at River City Rovers 0:0". pdl.uslsoccer.com. USL Premier Development League. May 19, 2011.
- "Youth soccer program gets new name: Derby City Rovers". courier-journal.com. Louisville: The Courier-Journal. May 7, 2014. Retrieved September 24, 2014.