River Deep – Mountain High is a studio album by the American R&B duo Ike & Tina Turner. It was originally released on London Records in 1966. It was re-released on A&M Records in 1969 with a different track listing.
In 2017, Pitchfork placed it at number 40 on the "200 Best Albums of the 1960s" list.
All tracks written by Ike Turner, except where indicated.
Credits adapted from liner notes.
- Tina Turner - Vocals
- Barney Kessel, Don Peake, John Ewing, Robert Gerstlauer - Guitar
- Jimmy Bond - String Bass
- Carol Kaye, Ray Pohlman, Lyle Ritz - Fender Bass
- Harold Battiste, Larry Knechtel, Ike Turner, Michael Rubini - Piano
- Jim Gordon, Earl Palmer - Drums
- Frank Capp, Gene Estes - Percussion
- Roy Caton, Oliver Mitchell - Trumpat
- John Ewing, Lew McCreary - Trombone
- Plas Johnson, Jim Horn, Jim Migliori - Tenor Sax
- Robert Gerstlauer, Jim Horn - Baritone sax
- Claudia Lennear, Bonnie Bramlett, Ike Turner - Backing vocals
- Phil Spector – Producer, tracks 1,3,6,8, and 10 (Reissue version)
- Ike Turner - Producer, tracks 2,4,5,7,9,11, and 12 (Reissue version)
- Jack Nitzsche, Gene Page, Perry Botkin Jr. – Arrangers
- Larry Levine, Robert Hornablue – Engineers
- Dennis Hopper – Photography
- ^ Ruhlmann, William. "River Deep Mountain High - Ike & Tina Turner". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Review. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- ^ Christgau, Robert (January 29, 1970). "Consumer Guide (7)". The Village Voice. New York. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- ^ Marcus, Greil (May 17, 1969). "Records". Rolling Stone. San Francisco: Straight Arrow Publishers, Inc.
- ^ "The 200 Best Albums of the 1960s (9/10)". Pitchfork. August 22, 2017. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- ^ "Ike & Tina Turner - Billboard 200". Billboard. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- ^ "Ike & Tina Turner - Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums". Billboard. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- ^ "Ike & Tina Turner". Official Charts Company. Retrieved January 10, 2018.