River Falls High School
|River Falls High School|
|818 Cemetery Road
River Falls, Wisconsin
|School district||School District of River Falls|
|Asst. Principal||Nic Been (academics)
Rollie Hall (activities)
|Color(s)||Gold, White and Navy Blue|
|Athletics||Football, Baseball, Basketball, Swimming, Diving, Tennis, Gymnastics, Softball, Cross Country, Track, Volleyball, Wrestling, Golf, Hockey|
|Website||School District of River Falls|
RFHS offers boys' baseball, girls' softball, boys' and girls' basketball, boys' and girls' cross country, boys' football, boys' and girls' golf, girls' gymnastics, boys' and girls' hockey, boys' and girls' soccer, boys' and girls' swimming and diving, boys' and girls' tennis, boys' and girls' track and field, girls' volleyball, and boys' wrestling. The only sport that River Falls High School does not offer at the varsity level that the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Association (WIAA) sponsors is boys' volleyball. Approximately 80% of all students participate in a varsity sport.
Since 1989, River Falls High School has been competing in the Big River Conference. Prior to 1989, River Falls competed in the Middle Border Conference, being a inaugural member of that conference in 1932.
The school's co-op St. Croix Fusion girls' hockey team won state championships in the 2009, 2010, and 2011 seasons. The girls' gymnastics team has made 22 state appearances, with 6 state championships. The boys' basketball team made three consecutive appearances in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Association (WIAA), from 1924 to 1926. The River Falls High School football team went undefeated in 1925 and beat La Crosse in the state championship game 13-0.
RFHS holds a charity event benefiting several organizations in the surrounding area through a gentlemen's pageant. Contestants chosen by the student council, National Honor Society and school staff members, compete for the title of Mr. RFHS while raising funds through entrance fees and donations.
- Kevin Black (Class of 1998) - Wrestling coach
- Warren P. Knowles - Governor of Wisconsin
- Frankie Rayder - International fashion model
- Missy Rayder - International fashion model
- George B. Skogmo - Wisconsin State Senator
- Francis Paul Prucha - Historian
Wildcat Hall of Fame
- National Center for Education Statistics. "Common Core of Data". Retrieved 2015-06-27.
- Institution Summary, AdvancED, Retrieved 2012-07-11
- "125 years of River Falls High School graduating classes – 1887 – 2011!". Pierce County History. 2011-10-25. Retrieved 2014-12-01.
- "Results". WisconsinMarching.com. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Marching Wildcats claim 'AAA' title at UW-Whitewater Saturday". River Falls Journal. 19 October 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Wildcat Hall of Fame". rfhalloffame.org. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Burrows, Bob (9 August 2013). "Wildcat Hall of Fame welcomes Class of 2013". River Falls Journal. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Burrows, Bob (14 August 2012). "Wildcat Hall of Fame inducts new members". River Falls Journal. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Burrows, Bob (27 July 2011). "Inaugural Wildcat Hall of Fame induction Friday - still time to make golf, dinner reservations". New Richmond News. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- River Falls High School
- River Falls HS Athletics
- Wildcat Hall of Fame
- River Falls High School architecture