River Hill High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|River Hill High School|
|12101 Route 108
Clarksville, Maryland 21029
|School type||Public High School (9–12)|
|School district||Howard County Public Schools|
|School color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Website||River Hill High School website|
Kathryn McKinley is the current[when?] principal. Kedre Fairley and Dr. Napoleon Saunders are the vice principals.
River Hill High School was awarded a "silver medal" by U.S. News & World Report. It was recognized by BusinessWeek as having the "Best Overall Academic Performance" in Maryland. It was ranked 295 out of 1500 high schools in 2009, which represent the top 6 percent of public high schools in the U.S., by Newsweek magazine.
It was also ranked 7th of 225 High Schools in the State of Maryland as of 2013.
It was rated the 165th best school in the nation by US News in 2013.
River Hill High School opened in 1996. The school population peaked in 2002 with 1,755 students, but has steadily decreased because several other high schools have opened in Howard County to ease the population strain on the existing schools. 99% of the students passing the Maryland high school assessments.
- Scott Pfeifer 1996-2004
- Bill Ryan 2004-2010
- Nick Novak 2010–2015
- Kathryn McKinley 2016–present
- River Hill was named by the U.S. Department of Education a National Blue Ribbon School in 2007, one of only 40 high schools to receive that honor.
- Ryan Pinkston (class of 2006), actor
- Michael Campanaro wide receiver for the Baltimore Ravens
- Kevin Johnson cornerback for the Houston Texans
References and notes
- MD: Best High Schools. USNews.com. Retrieved on 2011-03-06.
- America's Best High Schools: Maryland – BusinessWeek. Images.businessweek.com. Retrieved on 2011-03-06.
- America's Top Public High Schools. Newsweek (2009-06-08). Retrieved on 2011-03-06.
- "National Rankings Best High Schools". US News. 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "NASA - Synchronized Position Hold, Engage, Reorient, Experimental Satellites-Zero-Robotics". Nasa.gov. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- [dead link]
- ||13|0524|3|N|6|13|1|2|1|1|1|1|3 [dead link]
- "No Child Left Behind-Blue Ribbon Schools Program". U.S Department of Education web site. 5 Nov 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "Michael Campanaro, WR for the Baltimore Ravens at". Nfl.com. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "Kevin Johnson, CB for the Houston Texans at". Nfl.com. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to River Hill High School.|